8| Regnaturi

Romes Pov:

"Order!"

I sat with my head in my hands as the council yelled and argued, Valentine, slouched in his chair as he sat next to me, a look of pure boredom written on his face.

"It's a strict understanding!"

"Nothing is said that it isn't allowed!"

"She will not reign!"

"Yes, she will!" I loudly announced, the chamber got quiet quickly. I stood up on my feet with this newfound spotlight, "Dear council members, we have read through the De legibus liber, nothing is stated that both rulers need to be undead. Only that they can't be human, and as my mate said, 'Woof'. . ." I had to stop and take a sigh after I said that, "He is not human but in fact a werewolf."

"How do we know he is one?"

"How can we believe he even is your mate?"

The two questions came at the same time, both from different sides of the room. I opened my mouth to speak but the King cut me off.

"I have a simple solution for both of these questions gentlemen." He stood up, "There are many ways to prove that he is her mate. Just one to see if he is what he says he is." I felt my stomach invert as I awaited his words that would most likely enrage me. "Tell me, could we get in contact with la sororibus cæcus?" He asked the man sitting on his right.

My eyes widened, "Why would you want to talk to the blind sisters?"

The blind sisters were the oldest living beings on this earth, the story has it they've been around longer than the first humans. We were told that they were magical, being alive for this long I wouldn't be surprised if they had meddled in the art of black magic in the eons they had been on this floating rock, they answer every question you asked just never any about themselves, causing the air of eerie mystery surrounding them.

The man responded, "I could have the message sent out right now."

The King smiled wickedly, "Perfect, in the meantime what does the council say we go talk to our little pup?" He mocked and I felt rage brew in me, and I was about to use my sharp tongue if it wasn't for Valentine's tight grip on my arm signaling that I shouldn't. "Tell me, Lady Rome. Where is your mate?" He said with sarcasm dripping off his tongue.

I mentally counted to three, "We should all meet out in the garden, I will go and fetch him myself."

The King stared at me before he nodded, "Run fast, Lady Rome. We don't have all night."

The room started to clear out and quickly at it too, I waited until Valentine shut the door behind him to scream.

"I hate him, I despise him, I want him dead!" I yelled in pure fury.

Valentine, who usually never had any type of emotion on his face looked shocked as he ran towards me, "Rome, I am your advisor, and I strongly advise you to not speak like that!"

I scoffed, "You sound like Ambrose."

"No, I sound like a sane person. He is still the King, and any ill spoken things about him still will be cause for punishment." He reasoned, and I knew I should've listened but I spat out one more.

"When I become Queen, I will take great pleasure driving a wooden stake through his hea-"

Valentine cut me off by placing his hand over my mouth, muffling whatever I had to say.

"You are my only family, I am not going to lose you because you can't control your mouth." He scolded.

He dropped his hands and my eyes got soft, "You're right, I'm sorry."