23| Paciscor Est Super

Rome's POV:

I walked into the meeting room, Zeke hot on my trail.

The ceremony was about a month ago, and the days that led up to now were long, painstaking and tiresome.

Vincent had turned his back to the entire wellbeing of the kingdom, the issues that were brought up to me were simply appalling.

Innocents were being turned forcefully, countless of human-related deaths soared, causing a new issue to form.

The issue of our species being exposed.

Various plans were drafted, revised, and put into effect. But we were yet to see if anything positive was going to come out of it.

Everyone stood up as I entered, I gave them all a quick nod before walking up the steps to my seat. Zeke sat on the lower levels, seated next to Valentine.

The minute I had touched the seat, talking resumed. Councilmen trying to get my attention as I organized all my work in front of me.

When my eyes left the papers and up at everyone, only then did the voices hush.

One woman stood up in the back, a newly appointed member who had opinions sharper than her fangs.

"Queen Rome," She nodded before sitting back down to commence with her speech. 

I sat there listening while Zeke stared off into space, clearly not interested.

She spoke of how divided the vampires were, most did not want to listen to my rules believing that they couldn't take orders from me. But she also spoke of how illegal turnings had almost all stopped and in a matter of a few days they would cease to exist, which many vampires agreed was a step in a direction well needed.

Now we were brought up to an issue I wish I could remedy just as quickly.

"Your majesty, we are well aware of how you look to the eyes of the vampires." She spoke, and I sucked in a harsh breath, "The council has thought it best that you take a week off to go interact with them, show them that you are more than their false predictions of you."

I glanced over to Valentine, my new advisor. He nodded, agreeing with the plan.

"I am not taking a week off," I said while standing up, "I have a much better idea."

They all listened intently to hear what was being thought of in my head.

"I know we have our own councilmen or nobles who take care of the people's needs and requests, but how about this time, instead of sending a figurehead, Ezekiel and I listen to the royal audience."

Everyone grimaced, clearly not agreeing.

"Rome," Valentine spoke softly, "The majority of the kingdom does not like you, this wouldn't be safe." He tried reasoning.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course they don't like me, most of them haven't even seen a glimpse of my face!" I exclaimed, "I think talking to them, listening to them, and helping them will show them I am the right leader for them."

Valentine still looked apprehensive, worry deep in his face. "I'll have to up the security, are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

♦♦♦

"I know I'm somewhat to blame, I understand that... but he stole them! It wasn't like if it were some random rodents blood, this was pure human!"