Chapter 5~ Pranks

The next day Amaterasu and I went through the rest of the activities together. We avoided the rockwall because Amaterasu wouldn't have been able to climb down. By lunch we had done each activity.
"So what should we do after lunch?" I asked as we sat down to eat.
The Stoll brothers walked up to us with mischievous smiles and took seats on either side of us. The one beside me was the first to talk. "So you need something to do while you wait for the game tonight; because if you do you can help us with a little prank."
"What prank and who is it for?" I asked eyes narrowed with suspicion.
"Nico Di Angelo." They whisper excitedly.
"Who is that?" I ask curiously.
"Just a crazy boy." The one by Amaterasu said.
Amaterasu and I look at each other and made a plan of our own.
The boys made us pinky promise, though they missed the crossed fingers behind our backs.
After lunch we followed them. they were planning  on putting down a door mat with an irritating flower scent that would make anyone sneeze.
"So what will the doormat say?" I asked.
"Home sweet home. In smaller words itll have. welcome to the home of the dead." Both boys replied.
"Why dont you go get the flower spray and the mat as we make sure he isnt home." Amaterasu smiled as they raced off to the Hermes cabin to get the stuff.
After they had gone we headed to the Hades cabin.
After we knocked on the door a boy with an unruly mop of black hair and ghostly white skin. His dark eyes had a slight glimmer of curiosity about them as he looked at me. "What are you two here for, and um.. what is your name?" The last part of the question he directed at me.
Suddenly nervous I began speaking without thinking, "we came to tell you to get rid of the door mat you'll be getting and not to smell it as itll make you sneeze uncontrollably." I shut my mouth with a small snap and could feel the slight blush coming to my cheeks. I just hoped the doorway was dark enough for him not to notice.
"Oh. Okay. Thanks for letting me know I guess. My name is Nico, what's your name?" He replied a little awkwardly though smiling a little.
"I'm Ailouros and this is my friend Amaterasu. We don't know our parents yet.."
He chuckled slightly. "Getting asked that by everyone does get a little irritating. O which team are you on for the game tonight?"
"For the moment we are in the Hermes cabin and grouped with the Poseidon, Athena, and Apollo cabins.."
"Okay. I'll see if I can join you two then." He said smiling. Wait was he blushing or were the shadows just playing tricks on me.
"They are coming," Amaterasu hissed in warning then lead me off and over to the Stoll brothers. "You know, wouldn't this make an awesome prank for the Aphrodite cabin. I mean, why would Nico smell a door mat anyway?"
Intrigued the Stoll brothers motioned for her to continue.
"If we put it into a fancy perfume bottle. Then when they put it on they'll be sneezing for weeks." She continued smiling mischievously.
The two brothers looked at each other and, leaving the mat on the ground, raced off to create their perfume.
Amaterasu looked up at the sun, "let's get a bite of food before the game. I'll race you there." She smiled.
Before she could finish her sentance I took off laughing as she raced after me.
After arriving in a tie we got our food and offered the sacrafice to different Gods. Amaterasu gave hers to Apollo and I gave mine to Athena.
                                ***
When everyone had finished eating Chiron stood up. "Now for the games tonight we have the two teams. On the blue team we have, Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Hermes, and Apollo. On our red team we have, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephestus, Demeter, and the others. You all know the rules, I'll serve as field medic. Have fun and dont hurt one another to badly."
We separated and went to go grab our armor. I called my sword from the necklace and went to grab what I could find. A small chestplate that was still big on me and a helmet that fit were all I was able to get from the pile. While putting it on I glimpsed Annabeth coming over towards me.
"Hey Ailouros, where do you want to be durring the combat. We have open positions guarding the flag, scout, or in the middle of the battle."
"I dont know where I would be best. You are a strategist so I'll let you decide." I replied honestly.
"Great.  Then I'll put you on guard with Nico, Percy, and Amaterasu. Good luck." She said with a smile.
Amaterasu found me a few moments later and led me to where we had positioned the flag. It was on a huge rock that was surrounded by four trees. They were similar to another rock surrounded by four trees from my past only these trees were on a small island in the middle of a wide shallow river.
Percy positioned himself on the banks on the island.
Nico hid in a Bush close to the flag.
Not knowing what to do I stood in the open like an idiot.
We could hear the sounds of battle begin. Seeing a flash of movement in the trees I went to investigate. I stopped a few feet from a Bush where the movement had stopped.
Pepper leapt out of the Bush her sword flashing down at me.
I only barely blocked the vicious blow in time due to instinctive reaction to defend myself. Taking advantage of my fight or flight response, Pepper used her sword to knock mine out of my hands and into the ground meters away. She swung her sword again to deflect an arrow and hitting where I had been standing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a spear flying towards me. I leapt to the side and only to late realized the spear had been aimed at where I was going to be. I turned as I realized where it was aimed allowing the spear to graze my arm instead of piercing it. Though it only grazed my arm, pain shot through me like an electric current. Gritting my teeth I growled deeply. All my attention was fixed on the place where the spear had been. Crouching to pounce as Clarisse appeared, I didnt see Pepper behind me her sword raised. Amaterasu charged from behind her hiding place and started shooting arrows at Clarisse who was trying to get past Percy's water strikes. I turned my attention back to Pepper. She smiled at me and brought her sword down. She had a glimmer of vengeance in her dark eyes. Rolling out of the way worked for the most part. She managed to deeply cut into my arm.
With a furious yowl I snatched my sword and single handedly swiped numerous times. After about ten minutes I could feel my strength starting to fail. As it kept failing Piper landed more blows. Her eyes suddenly filled with fear and confusion as I fell to the ground. My vision blurred as waves of pain washed over me.
A cheer rose up and I knew that we hadn't only won, but I was in worse condition than I thought.
Ignoring the flashing waves of pain I stood up. My legs were weak. Suddenly, two strong arms picked me up. Through blurred vision I was able to make out the face of Nico. His dark eyes were full of compassion.
Everyone gasped and I glimpsed light over Amaterasu. I turned to see Apollo flying above her. She looked at me and motioned for me to look up. I looked and above my head i saw my sword glowing blue. Confused i blinked and saw it wasnt my sword above my head but a trident.