Ch. 7: Meeting the Queen

HOW THE TOUR BUS WORKS IS THAT THERE ARE TWO BUNKS: ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER, AND THEN TWO NEXT TO THEM. THEN THE SAME FOR ACROSS THE HALLWAY.

*Drew's POV*

"So this is gonna be your bunk, across from Luke, who is below me." Ashton told me, then made a face. "That sounded wrong." He laughed, making me laugh as well.

"Cool." I said, putting my backpack in the bunk. My other bags were in the lower part of the bus along with the boys' stuff.

"We're all gonna be in the back, you wanna come?" Ashton said.

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here. Relax a little." I told him.

"Okay. We'll be back there if you change your mind." He said, and I nodded. I put my bag at the end of my bunk and lied down. I put my head phones in and put my music on shuffle, the first song just happening to be Disconnected by 5SOS. I chuckled and looked out the window.

I started thinking about everything that was happening:

1.I'm going on tour with 5 Seconds of Summer.

2. I never have to go to school again.

3. Now the Tomlinson family can be happy cause I'm not there. Especially Louis.

And that last thought broke my heart.

I grabbed my phone and opened up twitter, then scrolled for a while favoriting some things. (Yes, favorite @ Twitter)

As a band we only have about 43 thousand followers, but on my own twitter I have almost 20k. It's not the biggest amount of people, but they're our fans and we love them.

I looked back at my timeline and saw a 1D update account tweet a link to something. I don't follow 1D update accounts so this caught my eye. I clicked on the link and it brought me to a tumblr account. I looked at it and it said

'Fireproof' NEW ONE DIRECTION SONG OFF OF THEIR ALBUM 'FOUR'.

I didn't even know they were recording a new album. Shows how much my family tells me. I listened to the song and I have to say, its pretty good.

After I listened to the song I took my headphones out and put my phone in my pocket. I got out of my bunk and made my way to the back where the boys were playing video games and talking. Well, Michael and Calum were playing on their DS', while Luke and Ashton were trying to make conversation with them.

I walked over to Ashton and Luke and sat down on Ashton's lap, putting my feet on Luke's lap.

"Helloooo." I said.

"Hey, I thought you wanted to relax?" Ash said.

"Ehh, I did. But now I don't." I said. I turned so I was sitting in between Luke and Ashton instead of on them. "So where are we heading first?" I asked.

"Well, our first show is in two days in London, but we need to be there early to rehearse and pick up someone..." Ashton said.

"Pick up someone? Someone being who?" I asked.

"Someone being..... my mom..?" Luke said. My eyes widened and I slapped his upper arm.

"Shut up!" I said.

"Ow, what?" He said rubbing his shoulder.

"Queen Liz is coming on tour with us?!?" I freaked out.

"Queen Liz?" Luke asked laughing.

"The fans think your mom is Queen, Lucas. She. Is. Amazing." I told him.

"Yeah..."

We sat there talking for the entire three hours it took to get to London.

"When does her plane land?" I asked Luke.

"She said around 5, so we have some time to kill." He told me.

"So where are we headed now? To the hotel?" I asked Michael, plopping down next to him.

"Actually yeah. And then we could get something eat, I'm starving!" He said.

"I have a question, though." I told him.

"I might have an answer." He told me.

"Why have a tour bus if we're just gonna stay in a hotel?" I asked.

"We don't always stay in hotels. If we have only one show in a certain place, why get a hotel room?" Calum said from next to Michael.

"Yeah I guess that's true...." I trailed off.

We checked into the hotel and decided on rooms. We decided that the rooms would be: Bobbi and I; Sam, Ryder and Jack; then Luke,who would room with his mom, and Michael, Calum and Ashton.

"Okay, let's go meet everyone in the lobby for food." I said and Bobbi and I headed for the elevator. Thankfully the fans hadn't figured out which hotel we were at. Yet. I knew they would, cause they're good like that.

"Hey, over there." Bobbi said pointing to where the group was. We walked over and I noticed we were missing two.

"Okay, where's Cake?" I asked.

"Um, there." Michael said, motioning to the two idiots stumbling out of the elevator.

"What is up with you two?" I asked them.

"Nothing." Luke laughed out.

"Okay, well let's go eat! I'm starving." Ash said.

After we finished eating and got back to the hotel I noticed it was almost 5.

"Luke, it's like 10 minutes to five." I told him and his eyes widened.

"I'm gonna be late!" He yelled. "Will you come with me to pick up my mom?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure. C'mon blondie lets go." I grabbed his arm and pulled him outside. We got a cab and drove to the airport. When we got there he walked up to the desk and asked if her plane had landed.

"No sir, the plane should land in about 20 minutes." The receptionist told him.

"Okay. Thank you." He said and we walked to sit and wait.

"Thanks for coming with me." Luke said.

"Anytime." I told him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Are you tired?" He asked.

"A little. I didn't sleep much last night." I yawned and covered my mouth.

"You're so cute." He chuckled. I lifted my head off of his shoulder. "Uh- I- mean-"

"It's fine Luke." I laughed.

"Flight 102 from Sydney is now landing." A voice said over the speakers. (I'VE NEVER BEEN IN AN AIRPORT BEFORE I HAVE NO CLUE HOW ANYTHING WORKS)

We saw everyone get off the plane and Luke walked to his mother. I stayed seated because I didn't want to intrude on their 'mother/son moment'. Luke turned around and motioned for me to come over to them, so I got up.

"Mom, this is Drew. She's in the band that's opening for us." Luke said, and I put my hand out to shake hers.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Hemmings. " I said.

"Sweetie, call me Liz." Mrs. Liz said.

"Okay." I smiled.

We walked to get her luggage and got a cab back to the hotel. We walked back up the rooms and Luke got his mom situated. Then we walked to Ashton, Michael and Calum's room.

"Momma Liz!!" The three yelled as we entered their suite.

Luke and I sat down on the couch while everyone else was chatting with Liz. I put my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"You're cute too." I told him.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

And that's it for the chapter!

I have some drama coming in the future chapters, don't worry.

My concert is currently 13 DAYS away and I'm so EXCITED!!!!!

Til next time

-Dye