Ch 17: Let's Be

Ch. 17:

*DREW'S POV*

"MTV Cribs! Welcome to my hotel room!" I exclaimed, opening the door to my hotel room and letting Wesley and Adelaide in. They both ran past me into the room. I found them both sprawled out on my bed, trying to push each other off.

"You share this room?" Wesley asked.

"Yeah, with my bandmate Bobbi." I told him. "But she won't be back for a couple of hours because she's at the show."

"Cool." Wes answered, grabbing the remote and turning on the tv.

"I'm gonna order some pizza, and Adelaide can I talk to you outside on the balcony?" I asked, making her give me a questioning look, but nod anyway. I ordered the pizza on my laptop and then walked out to the balcony, where Adelaide was looking out at the view.

"When are you going to tell him?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" Adelaide asked.

"Are you kidding? I can see the way you look at him. You're totally into him." I said, making her look at me wide eyed.

"Is it that obvious?" She asked.

"Oh, not to him." I said, making her sigh in relief. "Why don't you tell him?" I asked.

"I can't."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Wesley is my best friend. He's the only one who has stuck by me through everything. But, he's got a whole other life out there in Cali. I wonder if he's here to stay, but I feel like this is a visit and he'll be back over there in a few days. I don't even know if he's gonna come back. Plus, we've been friends most of our lives. What if we become something, and then everything goes to sh*t. It'll all be ruined." Adelaide explained. "Besides, I'm not what he wants."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Wesley's gone out with girls so much prettier than I am. I'm just... bleh." She said.

"Nuh uh. Nope. We are not going to have this conversation because you are none of those things. You are gorgeous, and fun, witty and hilarious. If he were to turn you down he'd be making a huge mistake, because you're worth more than gold." I told her sternly. Adelaide looked at me for a few seconds before pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you." She said as the door slid open.

"Hey, the guy just arrived with the pizza. I paid him." Wesley said.

"Oh, thanks Wes." Adelaide said, letting me go and rushing inside to go eat.

"You didn't have to pay for it, Wesley, I was going to." I told him, walking back inside.

"Nonsense. If you're letting us chill here, the least I could do was pay for some food." Wesley said. "And call me Wes."

We ate and joked around for a good 40 minutes before Adelaide excused herself to the bathroom.

"Okay, be real with me here. Do you like her?" I asked him.

"Woah, straight to the point." Wesley answered. "Adelaide? Yeah, she's my best friend."

"Not like that. Look, I'm in the middle of a huge debacle with my best friend right now because i found out that he has a crush on me, just be real with me. Do you have a crush on Adelaide?" I asked. I need him to admit this to me, girls don't take that long in the bathroom.

"I've known Adelaide since we were kids, I know everything about her." Wesley said. "I don't have a crush on her, Drew. I am absolutely in love with the girl." He added with a longing look.