Ch. 2 Making New Friends

*Drew's POV*

I woke up on something sort of hard, but comfortable. I opened my eyes and looked up, seeing Ashton's sleeping face. I fell asleep on his chest. I looked around and saw everyone still sleeping. Ashton had his arm wrapped around me, so I unwrapped his arm from my stomach and got up. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time.

5:00 am.

Why? Why is it so early?!? Well, can't go back to sleep now. I walked around the basement quietly, avoiding my sleeping friends. I walked into the bathroom and changed into some Nike shorts and a t-shirt. I walked out and put my sneakers on. Then, I walked up the stairs leading outside quietly, seeing as its 5 in the morning and everyone is asleep. The sun was just rising, it looked beautiful. I walked out to the little beach, you could say, where the bonfire setting was. I sat on one of the logs that was set up, looking at the water.

"What are you doing out here this early?" A voice said, sitting beside me. I jumped, screaming. I looked at who was sitting next to me,

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin don't do that!" I yelled, smacking his arm.

"Sorry, I had to! It was perfect! You're face was priceless, Drew!" He said, laughing. I glared at him.

"Really, why are you out here?" He asked again.

"Why are you awake? It's like, 5:30 in the morning." I said.

"I could ask you the same thing, An." He said.

"First off, don't ever call me that again. And, Ash, I just- needed to come out here and think, okay?" I told him.

"Well, I woke up when you did. I felt yo move around in my arms and I woke up. I kind of just watched what you were doing and followed you out here." He said, staring out at the water.

"Cause that's not creepy." I said. I looked at the sunrise and sighed," the sunrise is so beautiful."

"So are you." He said, looking at me.

"You did NOT just pull that one." I said, laughing.

"I did." He said, laughing with me.

"You know, I just met you yesterday and we laugh and joke around like best friends. You're special." I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ashton asked.

"I mean, I never trust anyone this easily. I never have, ever since Louis kind of started treating me like I'm invisible..." I said, looking down at my lap.

"Oh, I thought I was special." He whined.

I laughed," You are special in so many ways, Ashton." I said. He nudged me, laughing.

"See, we act like best friends. It's unnatural for me to feel close to someone so fast." I said.

"Well, are we best friends, then?" He asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Do you want to be best friends?" I asked.

"Well Yeah. You're an amazing person with a great personality and a great talent." He said.

"Well then I guess we're best friends." I smiled.

"Drew? Ashton?" I heard someone say. I turned and saw Jack walking towards us.

"What are you guys doing out here at like 7 in the morning?" He asked.

"It's 7?" I asked, and Jack nodded."we've been out here two hours." I laughed, leaning into Ashton.

"Yeah, I guess we have." He chuckled.

"Let's go back inside." Jack said, and we all went inside.