Rant : 24

The Hol(e)y Man

Theres a leak in who you are. At the time I didn't know it. Theres a tiny little hole in the fabric of your constitution. All I could see was the steady ebbing of you. So unknowingly, in all my innocence, I tried to fill you up. And it worked- for a while.

Each time I noticed a lack, I tried to fill you up with my love and my care and my entire being. All because I didn't have the heart to see a beautiful mind such as yours being tortured the way yours seemed. I kept filling you up with little pieces of me, chipping away at all that I was, until I became the mere husk of a human being.

I never noticed the steady 'drip' 'drip' dripping of who you were.

So much had I given away that you even became me- how I used to be- for a while. But soon, even that 'drip' 'drip' dripped away. You become next to nothing and I had nothing to give anymore.

So you left me. You found her, a shiny new toy- so full of life- so ripe for the taking. You couldn't resist, could you? I don't blame you. Its terrible to be empty. I know. I became empty in an attempt to fill you too, after all.

Unlike you though, I had to learn to become whole again all on my own. There was nobody to fill me. Of course, my saving grace is that I don't have a leak in me, so when I have waxed to the fullest post my waning I will never become empty again.

You poor thing, your leak is still dripping. Her strength is waning. You need more, don't you? You poor husk of a man, you poor parasite, your stock of prey is falling and you don't know what to do.

'Drip' 'drip' 'drip'. I think you can hear it too this time. Does it ring in your ears? Can you smell the rot that has settled about you? Suck the life out of the next one slowly, darling. This one may not last the night.

Savour each drop of life on your lips. Your light now seems finite. You're a poor, poor thing. A poor, pathetic, wretched little creature...