The Last Stand

~{A/N}~
I'm baaaaack!~ i hope you all enjoy this one i've been suuper busy but i've been trying my best to keep this going sorry i've not even worked on the Fangless vampire ^-^ i'll try to put more into the others
Anyway enjoy~

~{End A/N}~

Chapter 12

Jak walked down the corridor toward the throne room where Princess Lucy was at work. “Princess I have finished my work” Lucy looked up toward Jak with a smile but it quickly faded. “Then the time has come to take back what has been stolen” Lucy stood to her feet and led the way out of the underground kingdom pleased to see Jak following swiftly behind her not losing sight of her for one second. Jak was quiet as they exited the door the world around them both was rather dark and gloomy like life itself was sapped from everything and turned to nothingness. Lucy stepped further away from the door Jak following a look of sadness and anger lurking in his eyes.

~{Rewind to three days before above the underground kingdom}~

Zexter had watched the princess flee tears running from her eyes, he dared not try to follow her “if only my wings were healed I could chase you my treasure you can’t hide forever.” he muttered to himself as he left the balcony in search for the queen. A small fairy flew up to Zexter “Sire the queen has asked to see you she is in the library chamber.”Zexter smirked at the fairy “I am on my way” he left the small fairy to walked down a separate hall down toward the room of enchantments and books, or commonly known as the library chamber holding the known information in the present history of the Ember kingdom. “Your highness” Zexter bowed as he entered the chamber, the queen was near the window seating overlooking the gardens that were already losing their color and energy. “Zexter.. My daughter is not present in the kingdom no more.. The plants are changing returning to nothing but the ash of the Oasis stars past surface” She spoke softly not looking at Zexter which gave him the chance to slowly make his way toward the Queen avoiding to yet take the blade that was tied tightly around his waist. “I can’t help but wonder if she will return before Oasis passes by the galactic system of maldor, it is a time of great downfall for the kingdom but it can be a great time of wealth and happiness as she can bring Oasis away from the despair it would fall into” The queen finished her word just as she turned to face Zexter he struck with his blade. His blade pierced through her lung with ease as it pierced out her back. The queen stayed in shock as he spoke “Goodbye my queen.” A single tear ran down the queens cheek as she softly spoke her last words “I trusted you Zexter… may your ember die cruelly by Jak's sword...” the tear slipped from her face and slowly crystallized forming into a jewel teardrop, but at the very center of the drop a blue flame blazed dimly before it hit the ground and slipped under the window seat. Zexter took his blade from the queen and gently laid her onto the window seat. Her form slowly began to fade into stardust, “heh this seems familiar ah yes it was how the king died after i stabbed him” Zexter recalled watching from behind the queen after the princess and Jak had left his chamber, he remembered calmly watching as the king turned to nothing but stardust and faded away entirely. He smirked before he whisked his blade over a cloth and tossed it to the floor before returning it to his waist. Zexter left the chamber unknowingly knowing of the strange crystallized tear out of sight.

~{present time}~

Jak and Lucy looked around at the grayed world that has become of Oasis “the time is nearly upon us we must make haste” she opened her wings and took to the sky, jak opened his own wings surprised as dust flicked from them and settled on the surface of the plants. He ignored it and quickly took flight following lucy, but what Jak didn't know was that as the dust settled on the plants they slowly regained strength and their color slowly returned. The princess landed in front of the castles great doors a sad look on her face as she eyed the dulled color, Jak landed next to her as she rested a hand to a door and forced it open. Her and jak walked in and made there way down the dark and grayed corridor toward the throne room. Zexter spoke up as they both entered into the throne room “ah Lucy Jak… how nice of you to finally join My kingdom again” lucy stopped in her tracks fear in her eyes as she stared at her father's throne. “Z-Zexter!?..” she moved back into Jak as Zexter stood 6 other people moved from hiding places toward Jak and Lucy. Jak held Lucy close glaring darkly at the approaching Embers. “how should I repay the favor.. oh i know i'll send you into the void of Oasis's tail! Ahahaha!” Jak's vision blurred and before he knew it lucy was pulled away from him and they were reaching out toward him. Time slowed down as jak drew his blade and moved around his attackers as time returned to normal he attacked each of them as they tried to fix their positions and attack back. He knocked out two of the Embers and slashed the third. It’s easier to control the timelapse now!
Jak thought to himself as he blinked and time slowed once more he got the hang of it as he attacked each ember before successfully freeing the princess and pulling her behind him. More embers came out at Zexters order “Kill Him! Cut His Wings From His Back!” Jak's wings glowed dimly as they blocked lucy's view of the fight as he used his timelapse skill to deflect each attacker with ease before he knew it Zexter took his own blade and charged him. Jak lifted his sword to block Zexters attack. Zexters blade deflected right off of Jak's own blade forcing him to move away he growled darkly at Jak “so you made That sword eh? Hehehe.. lets see how well you fight” he lunged at jak with full force, jak blocked it quickly all Zexters attacks slightly moving quicker to keep up before he knew it he seen his chance to attack. He took it. Zexter gasped as Jak's sword lunged through his chest and out his back piercing through his good wing. “Cough cough! …. Heh.. so it really was you prince Jak…” jak felt his heart serge with hate and anger but also sadness and sorrow “you and i were once friends long ago..… cough cough… guess this is goodbye…” the sky outside darkened greatly. Lucy spoke softly behind jak “it is time.. oasis is passing the galactic system of maldor” she said as Jak moved his sword from Zexter’s body he then proseeded to hoist Zexters’ arm over his shoulders and moved himself and him to the landing platform behind the thrones. Zexter looked up as did Jak “the long lost galactic system of maldor….” Zexter used his free hand to hold it to his wound while a trail of blue slowly ran down from his mouth, but slowly turned to a yellowish stardust and faded up toward the darkened sky. “I have been here long enough to know that this place is not for the faint of heart and yet… I feel at home here i wish to not leave…” Jak spoke calmly “Jak.. rest me at the edge of the platform...” Jak slowly set Zexter down where his feet could hang over the edge of the platform. Zexter looked upward at the dark sky before slowly opening his wings as they too began to fade into stardust they were torn to shreds jak could only describe it as a tiger shredding a wing of a dragon in a story. “This is my resting place then..” Zexter said as the stardust from his wings floated upward toward the dark cosmo of Maldor bright stars were still forming within its space purple stardust laced around it’s large system but also black and dark blue it reminded jak of a deep deep sea. “Goodbye old friend..” Jak  returned his eyes to Zexter as his form fully disappeared into stardust and flowed to the system of maldor where his ember would forever be trapped and locked away deep within its system. “Goodbye old friend…” prince Jak spoke out from within jak himself as he watched the stardust fade away into the night sky never to be seen again.

To be continued~