Reunited

Chapter 7

Jak woke the next morning well rested but as he thought he smiled "the prince is trusting me with something very great I mustn't fail him." Jak began packing up his tent and everything else he had before making his way to the cliffedge. Looking out one last time before he turned and made his way back down the cliffs rocky sides once more.
~{several minutes later}~
Jak finally reached the bottom of the cliff and was greeted by his mother who quickly went out the backdoor and ran to him. Jak's mother embraced him in a hug which Jak gladly returned. He thought about the prince for a long moment. What would his parents have done if he had died like the prince? Would his parents search everywhere for him? Jak shook the thoughts away as his mother took his bag and led him away into the house smiling brightly at him. "Your father has taken time off in order to wait for your safe returned that you had promised Jak." Jak smiled up at his dear mom "and here I am safe and sound." when Jak entered the house he was shocked to find it ready for the coming of christmas. He hadn't realized he spent the last week of november on the cliff. His mother only chuckled
"You really wanted to reached the top of that cliff after you learned how to climb it so your father helped with the decorating till you came back." Jak smiled happily he loved christmas it meant he could spend more time with his parents and watch the snow fall as they read stories near the fireplace. Jak took in a long breath smelling something he missed for a whole week, his father's cooking.Jak and his mom went into the kitchen where his father was making a big batch of lasagna for their lunch "Well there is my little champ missed ya kiddo" his dad said smiling at him. Jak half ran half walked to his dad, his dad leaned down slightly and picked him up "what you see up there that was so fascinating that you had to venture the big cliffs rocky surface?" Jak smiled and then began to tell them how the stars were so bright and how each seemed to twinkle like they were communicating with one another. Jak's parents listened smiling as jak explained seeing the shooting star from close up. Jak's father set the food onto the table as the family sat down to eat happily reunited with his parents for another great meal.
~{ After Lunch }~
Jak took his belongings up to his room as he told his parents he was going to read. His mother nodded as she went to the living room taking her own book off the bookshelf and sat down. Jak walked up the stairs and walked down the hall. He paused at the attic his old habit seemingly calling to him. Jak turned to the attic door and once again tried to open only to find it was firmly shut and locked as he had expected. He nodded to himself and walked to his room. He walked to his bed placing his bag on it and taking out the casing holding the book he planned to read more. He set the case on his desk and sat down. Running a finger along the binding of it seemingly longing to read it once more. Unlatching the case he carefully slipped the book out and sets the casing to the side. Jak flipped open the book and read a few words to himself till he flipped to the next paged. He paused stunned by the title of the next chapter. "The gift?" jak questioned to himself. He lightly flipped back a page for a moment and then returned to that page before reading out loud to himself. "The Prince even though he had responsibilities his parents still loved him dearly and gave him something not even his sister knew of. The Book of The Ember Kingdom though the book was still in the writing process the minute it was completed it was to be given to him. The Prince after gaining the book hid it finding it contained everything about the embers, not only that he learned that it contained the aura of all the past Ember ancestors which gave the book the ability to tell of the past, the present, and the future events." Jak stopped reading feeling his head ache for a moment as more of The Prince's memories flooded his mind.
~{ Prince's Memories }~
"The book contains everything about the past, but not only that but it has the power to tell the future and any present events" An older looking Ember said to the prince handing the book that looked exactly like the current book that Jak owned himself. "I thank you elder if I understood correctly this book contains the aura of all the past ancestors which give it the power to tell of such things." The elder nodded applauding the prince's sharp mind of aura sense. "That is correct protect it well for if it fell into the wrong hands they could destroy everything we know and live by" the elder spoke warning the prince with great caution in his voice. The prince nodded and the bowed before turning and leaving. He went to the edge of the great homestar oasis as his body glowed changing into an orb of pure light. The prince flew out into space and flew straight toward The Earthern Solar System. Upon reaching it the center star glowed slightly brighter in his presence in the solar system. The prince flew toward Earth holding the book close as he enter the atmosphere. People walked out from a home that resided at the base of a cliff and smiled seeing the prince. The prince faded into his Ember form which as one would call the look of a fairy. He held out the book to them "I ask of you.. Protect this and give it to your future generations... " the people lightly took the book into one hand. As the book touched their hand it glowed before reforming into a much larger version of itself to fit the difference of a Ember and a human. They nodded at the prince as he began to the leave and return to homestar Oasis.
~{ End memories }~
Jak returned to reality and soon realized his mother was standing next to the desk holding the book open and reading it to herself. She looked away from the book "I see you found the book.. Not only that but it seems you have the prince aura and memories which means the prince had been assassinated that night of homestar passing earth once again.. " Jak gave his mother a shocked but guilty look he had hoped his parents didn't know of the book since it had been in the attic for what he guessed over more than 840 years which is only a little over 8 centuries. His mother smiled lovingly at Jak "it was bound to happen as myself and your father have read the book only once when we were just kids as my grandmother had passed it down to me but she never spoke of the future of human lives more or less it spoke of the embers lives while mostly since the Ember prince never returned to Earth since he gave it to our ancestors . human and Embers never crossed paths ever again.. Until now my little Jak.. you have been given the chance to prove our family's loyalty once again as you have already been given your duty to repay the kindness the prince offered us. Serve our family well when the time comes till then continue to be who you are and never let this change who you are as a person for the time of change is coming.." with that his mother set the book back onto his desk and left him to keep to his thoughts.
~{ later that night }~
Jak returned the book into its case and picked it up walking over to his bed and laid down. He stared up at his star posters and began to wander off into dreams of one day he would be out there on homestar maybe exploring or as it may finding the suspects of the prince unfair assassination. Time past as jak wondered and before he knew it he was asleep.

To Be Continued~