Dark Danger Part Two(ish)

Start from the beginning

Charlotte : Rai, please answer.

Charlotte : Rai, it's 6:49pm. You've been out 2 hours.

Schwoz : Henry's tracker has been off, a hour and a half. Is he ok?

Jasper : Rai, tell me you guys are ok.

Schwoz : it's 9:46pm, where are you guys!

Charlotte : Henry's tracker has been offline 4 and a half hours. Is he alright?

I grab my phone from my pocket. I ring Charlotte up.

"Charlotte? Is Henry back there?"

"No, I told you. His tracker went offline over four hours ago. He's not with you?"

"No. God. I have a bad feeling about this. I'm on my way back."

- time skip -

When I enter the Man Cave, I see Charlotte, Schwoz and Jasper talking quietly together.

"Any news on him?"

"No. Rai what if someone kidnapped him? What if they know he's the Dark Soldier?" Jasper asks nervously.

"We just have to hope that it never happened."

We hear a silent ping. Charlotte picks up her phone.

Piper : Turn on the news!

"It's Piper, she says turn on the news."

I click the remote. The news pops on.

Sitting in their positions, were a frightened Mary and Trent.

"We just received footage on the true identity of the Dark Soldier and you'll never believe who it is." Trent says sternly. "Viewer discretion is advised."

A video appears on screen with a woman Henry described as Zoe, standing in front of the camera.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've been waiting for, Kid Danger!" She says. "Or should I say The Dark Soldier?"

"No." I whisper.

She steps aside so we can see Henry bound to the chair.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

"No!" Charlotte and Jasper say. I can't go through the searching and hunting him down again.

"No, please." He begs.

Beep. The station must have censored his time trigger words.

Henry cries out in pain.

Beep

"Stop it!" He screams.

Beep

He cries out again. This time it was much worse.

Beep

"Make it stop!" He screams.

Beep

"No!" He screams once more. You could see he was in a great deal of pain.

Beep

But all of a sudden, his screaming ceased. He stared into the camera, deep black eyes, feeling nothing.

The video switched off.

"Who could have guessed that Swellview's most beloved superhero, was a brainwashed super assassin known as the Dark Soldier." Mary said.

I switched off the tv.

"Did you hear him scream?" Charlotte whispered. We nodded. I've never seen him so scared before. Even in the last video.

"Rai! His tracker is back online. He's in Swellview park." Schwoz says.

I nod and shoot up the tube.

- time skip -

When I make it to Swellview park, it's almost 10 o clock.

I attach the night vision glasses and search.

There sitting under a tree with his knees to his chest, was Henry.

I rush over to him but stay a foot away.

"Are you the real Henry?" I ask cautiously.

"Your name is Raymond Manchester. My best friends are Charlotte and Jasper." He mutters.

I nod and sit down next to him. I pull him in close to me.

"Why'd they let you go?"

"Zoe never wanted her assassin back. Z and N is too small. She just wanted to ruin me." He says, his voice was raw from screaming.

"Kid, the news people, they know you were brainwashed. They know ok. No ones holding you against it."

"Rai, the people, they'll be scared of me. I'm like a bomb, I could go off for anyone who knows."

"Kid I know it's hard but you'll just have to show them who you really are. Not the dark side."

I nod. I know he's right. He's always right about these things.

He pulls me in closer. We stay like that for a while before heading back.

I text my parents that I'll be sleeping at work. They respond with an ok.

When we arrive down the Man Cave, I'm tackled with hugs.

"Henry, are you ok?" Jasper asks.

"Ya, I'm good." I say, though it comes out hoarse and cracked.

"People don't think you're evil. They know you didn't do it on your own will." Charlotte says.

I nod.

For the rest of the night, we chat, drink hot chocolate and just relax. Though the hot chocolate was more for my throat.

And Rai was right, people understood. Of course there were people who didn't want me in the public eye, but screw them.

I'm back and better than ever.

Ok. Cool. That was fun. I'm always up for requests but I'm starting the valentines special so I won't get to them right away and I also have one I'm working right after. But I do take requests.
Cheers!