I Built a Friend

Summary: Dick has always been alone in the manor. Sure their was Bruce, he was always working, and Alfred, he was always off doing something. But Dick was alone. He used some imagination to give himself a friend

Note: Jason never got adopted by Bruce in this. Jason is imaginary. This is a JayDick story. Their is a sucidie warning in here. AU: no Batman here.

Dick has been living with Bruce since he was eight in this.

Third Person

Dick is 9

Dick was bored. He's been at the mansion for almost a year now, but he just feels so lonely in the big house. He didn't have any friends to invite over. He was just all alone.

"Master Dick are you okay," Alfred asked him as he noticed his youngest charges attitude.

"I'm fine Alfred, just bored I guess."

"Might I suggest an activity to keep you occupied. How about you make something," Alfred suggested. Dick shrugged as if to not say yes, but to not say no either.

He could hear Alfred sigh as he walked out of the room, but jumped when he noticed the butler walk in with a basket filled with misclanious items.

He walked away to continue getting everything done on his schedule for the day.

Dick looked in the basket and took out a pen with some plastic. He didn't know when it happened, but his mind started to take over building a body. He spent the whole day in the den figuring out how to make the pieces go together and it was almost complete, it just needed a head.

Dick sat down for a few minutes as he tried to think of the perfect head item when the idea came to him. He ran to his room as fast as he could found his item and ran back down to finish the assembly.

As Dick put the head on he stepped away from the table and smiled. His old cell phone was the perfect head.

He picked up the small object and turned it around to inspect it. "I guess I should name you now huh."

It didn't take long when Dick snapped his fingers and ran to the study to show Bruce his new friend.

"Bruce look. Look at what I made," Dick shouted running into the study, surprising Bruce.

Bruce laughed as the nine year old climbed on to his lap to show him the the object. "His name is Jason and he said he'd be my friend forever," Dick told him with a smile. Bruce laughed and pet his head, but it didn't last long as he had to send Dick out to finish work.

It was the next Day and Alfred noticed that Dick was dragging the thing, "Jason" Dick's voice ran in his head. Dick was dragging Jason everywhere. They ate together, did homework together, played together. Everywhere Richard went so did Jason.

11 years old

Dick was starting his first day of middle school, but he had nothing to fear. He knew that Jason was going to be with him the whole day, what he was not expecting was for Bruce to talk to him that morning.

"Dick I think it's time we had a talk," Bruce started slowly, but continued at the look Dick gave him. "Your starting middle school. Alfred and I agreed that you need to stop dragging Jason around all day. Starting to day you are going to school without him," Bruce said, but all Dick could do was widen his eyes as he looked at his friend sitting next to him.

He couldn't leave his only friend by himself. He's going to get bored and what if Jason thinks that Dick did it on purpose. He was freaking out and about to go into full on panic, but Bruce calmed him down.