Chapter 19 - Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Oi, Itsu-kun, there you are!" Hibiki suddenly wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I was surprised for a bit but calmed down when he didn't choked me. Well, that is what he usually does when he wraps his arm around me. "Did you meet Miko-san? She was on fire earlier!"

"Yeah, we met, but her bandmate called her, probably to congratulate themselves. Anyways, we should go now, Coach Takagi must be looking for us." I turned around and started to walk away. I'm not really in that mood right now, maybe it's because of what Miko-san said earlier.

That we're just best buds.

'Calm down Itsuki, calm down. You have gone through this twice now. Be a best friend for her, just stay by her side even if it hurts you...' I spoke to my mind. Since before, I have already accepted the fact that Miko-san will never end up with me. But I still chase her like an idiot. I don't know why.

Maybe because I love her? Is it because of her kindness? Her personality? Her smile?

Argh, I don't know!

But what's important right now is she staying away from my brother. I should be relieved with that.

I didn't noticed that I already passed the place where my school is stationed at, luckily, Hibiki grabbed me and pulled me towards the others.

Sigh, why does this happen everyime I meet Miko-chan?

"Ahahaha, Captain-sama is in a cloud nine again!" Kaori laughs at me but when I stared at her, she suddenly changed her mood. "G-gomenasai, captain-sama!"

"Eeehhhh? Did you meet Miko-san, Itsuki-kun? You are always like that whenever you meet her nowadays!" Sora let out a cheeky grin which creeps me the heck out.

"Cut it out guys, by the way, why is there only ten of us? Where's Jaeyong?" I looked around them and recounted but there is really only ten of us.

"Have you forgotten that Jaeyong lost the bet earlier? We used a dare on him to buy us some snacks. Hehehehe so you really did meet Miko-san earlier!" Hibiki wrapped his arm around my shoulders and now he's really choking me.

"A-Ack! Hibi-Hibiki... red card, red card!"

They all laughed but stopped when Jaeyong arrived with our food.

"Did I miss something?"

"Your captain-nim here has some crush issues again." Stefan went to me and patted my back.

"Uh, hehe, yeah... u-ugh, my stomach is growling, let's eat..." I quickly made an excuse to not let this issue grow huge. Argh, these teammates...

"Alright, let's go to that corner everyone!" With Jaeyong on lead, we all followed him so that he could distribute our food. I quietly sighed in relief, realizing that my teammates easily moves on from an issue.
________________________________________________________________________________
5 days later...

"So, why are you so down, Itsuki-kun?" Suna went to my side and leaned on the railings. We are currently at the school's court waiting for a friendly match in basketball between our school and Meiji University.

"It's nothing, really..." I let out a deep sigh. I couldn't tell her about Miko's interaction with my brother...

"You are like that when there is a Mikoto-related issue going on in your head. Come on, you can tell me, we're bruhs afterall." She went to me and patted my back. Suna is the first one who found out about my crushing with Mikoto and she seems to be supportive with it.

"It's just... days before... she and Katsuki met, I don't know what's gotten into him. He just randomly went back to Miko's life without even apologizing for what he did before..." I stare at the court and I saw a player with the name "Asahina" printed on his jersey. This guy must be Mikoto's older brother who is an athlete.