Thoughts and New Places

She spent the night in Radiant Garden.

After that, she prepared to travel again.

She never did see that man, the one that said that maybe they would see each other around again. He must be busy with his own things, she reasoned.

But she wondered what his name was.

After she had finished preparing, Iris stood on a cliff. She felt the wind on her hair.

She would come back. But it was obvious that Sunny wasn't here.

She took to the sky, giving the ground below one last look before the view disappeared into the clouds.

She broke the atmosphere, and was looking at the empty void, with the sparkling stars.

This view always calmed her. It seemed almost surreal, and so simple.

She flew, into the void again.

The one thing that kept bothering her though, was the scene she had witnessed. Those figures...

They all looked just like the one who had kidnapped Sunny.

But why?

Why did they all look the same...

She thought about that. Over and over the thought turned in her mind, and yet she couldn't think of any plausible answers.

Well, no plausible answers that made sense.

She thought and thought, yet nothing surfaced. Frustrated, she tried to push the thought from her mind. She needed to focus.

Then she saw another world.

This one looked much different from the other world, with it's Halloween - like theme surrounding it.

She didn't quite know what to make of this, but she decided to touch down anyway. Besides, the people that took Sunny looked spooky.

This might be the place she would be.

As soon as she broke the atmosphere, she could tell there was something different about her, but she didn't know until she looked at herself.

She now sported a black sleeveless dress, decorated with lace  designs, that went down to her knees. She also had black high heels, and when she touched her hair, she found out she had a smoky gray veil that went all the way down to her heels.

There didn't seem to be a change in her wings, thankfully.

Pushing the sudden Change in her clothing aside, she looked at her surroundings.

She seemed to be in the middle of some sort of town, and not the kind of happy fun colorful town that she was used to seeing. No, this town seemed to deliberately have been constructed to be scary. Why was a mystery.

A fountain sat in the middle of the square, in front of a very official looking building. Well, as official as it could be, as it was kinda crooked.

Then she heard movement from across the square and turned quickly.

Two people, if you could call them that, were walking across the other side of the square.

They didn't look very human.

One was very tall, and looked like a skeleton. Dressed in a black suit. The other was short, also dressed in a suit, but he was wearing a top hat. He also seemed to be two faced.

They seemed to be in a conversation, the short one looking agitated, the tall one waving his hands around in a sort of "calm down" gesture.

They didn't notice Iris staring at them until they both turned that way. Then they stopped.

For a few awkward moments they were just starting at each other.

"Oh, sorry. I'll just go now." Iris said, a bit embarrassed. She turned.

"Wait!" The tall one said. "Who are you?"

"Uh, I'm Iris." She responded.

"Well hello Iris! Welcome to Halloween Town!"