Chapter 7

Slight warning. There's a panic attack in this chapter and if it offends anyone I'm sorry just skip over it.
I hope you're enjoying this so far though ;)

Keith's POV
I walked into school today feeling regular, not much to it. I ended up bumping into someone.
"oW!" she said falling down.
"Oh jeez sorry!" I said bending over to pick up her books.
"It's, quite alright, I was just a little startled." I took this as an opportunity to try and get out of my shell more, I could be capable of making friends. While thinking of something to say I kinda just stared at her with my mouth open. She laughed.
"You're going to catch flies if you don't shut your mouth" she said smiling.
"Keith" I said extending a hand. She was wearing a pink dress, her skin was dark, and she had light blonde hair, so light it was almost white.
"Allura" she said smiling. Taking my hand. "I have to admit I have seen you around before though"
"Really? Where?"
"We have art together" she said. I turned red thinking of what took place the day before. "You're incredibly talented" she said, shuffling her feet.
"Th-thanks" I said.
"Could I rant on you for a moment?" she said, as we walked down the halls.
"Sure" I said.
"I've just had a lot of stress lately, I'm on the schools council as president and I've got this whole community service thing to organize which is incredibly annoying considering everyone quit yesterday, so now I've got to face this alone." she said all on one breath.
"That's gotta suck"
"It does!" she said, exasperated. I wasn't sure how to help, and before I thought about it at all I said
"I could help"
"You could?"she said, face brightening.
"Yeah, I guess... what do you need me to do?"
"This is great! Meet me after school in Mr. Thomas's classroom, he lends it to us every day. I'll let you know more then!" She said laughing gleefully and walking off.

The day went by fast, and when I walked into the cafeteria and sat down Pidge immediately spoke to me.
"Keith." she said with a straight face.
"Yeah?" I asked. Not really sure what was going on.
"I need your help after school."
"I'm slightly occupied" I said
"With what?" just then Allura plopped herself down next to Pidge.
"Hey Keith!" she said, taking a bite of a carrot.
"Hi" I said feeling awkward.
"Who this?" Added lance flirtatiously. Allura rolled her eyes and said
"You know me lOnce" she said. I felt a twinge of jealousy that I brushed aside when she continued speaking "do you mind if I sit with you? Like I said earlier, all my friends ditched me on the committee, and they happened to be my best friends, so I'm kind of a loner right now"
"Oh course! The more the merrier!" Hunk said. She explained her problem again, which everyone listened to, then Pidge spoke.
"I can help too" she said with a smile.
"Really?!" Allura's face lit up. "I think I've found myself the right group of juniors."  she said, getting up to throw her stuff away.

"What do you think of her?" Lance said to the group once she was out of earshot.
"She's funny, and nice" Hunk said.
"I like her accent" Pidge added. "This is great, now i'll have something to do after school" reclining in her seat. "And i'll be able to tell you that thing!" she said pointing at me.
"What is that thing?" I wondered
"Stuff" she caught on by my facial expression "not bad stuff" she laughed.

"So what do you think Lance?" Hunk said
"She's hot" he responded. Maybe he is straight. I thought. I knew it. UGH curse you gay struggle. I absentmindedly had placed my head on the table.
"You good Keith?" Pidge laughed. I held up and thumb in response.

Allura and I walked to art together which was weird. I had never had company like this let alone someone like her. She seemed popular, a goody goody, a great happy backstory, I was the complete opposite.

I hung my head as we entered the room and I took my place as she did hers. Halfway through class she walked over and examined my tree. It was dark, and it looked kinda creepy. I wasn't going for that but it just turned out that way.