Chapter 6

When class ended, I grabbed my bag and painting and walked over to the gym. As I went I felt the breeze. It was light and wintery. It calmed me until I jerked from a sudden noise.
"Hey Keith!" Pidge said. She paused and looked at me. "sorry , didn't mean to startle you"
"It's okay, I'm used to it" I said.
"Walk with me to the gym?" she asked.
"Sure." she rambled on and on about how everyone marveld about her invention of that robot. I laughed as she acted out how it destroyed the others.
"Nice" I responded.
"So what about you and Lance?"
"What?"
"You know what" she said wiggling her eyebrows.
"N-no not really"
"You're gay for him" she said smirking.
"What?!" I said looking at her.
"Fine... don't admit it" we walked in silence for a bit until we reached the gym's doors. Until she said "he's totally gay for you too" I turned bright red and she pulled me in by the arm as we entered. Could that be true?

It was a lot louder in there but also a lot warmer. The boys on the team were warming up doing drills running back and forth.

We climbed the bleachers and Pidge tried to get Hunk and Lances' attention. It was actually quite amusing to see her sitting up, being as she was a small person with a lot of volume emulating from her lungs. I pulled her down from her shirt as she shouted "LANCE!!" last time. She sat down.
"Jeez, relax, you're causing unwanted attention." I said.
"You're so shy" she said teasingly. She stood back up and continued to try and get their attention.

Lance POV
We started drills and I wanted to work extra hard to beat Lotor. I forgot how good he was, he would definitely be a starter this year. I groaned to myself and ran as fast as I could. I got first in our sprint and smirked at Lotor who followed.
"Nice job, idiot. We're doing suicides, you just wasted your stamina" he said smirking. Oh yeah. Crap.
"It would surprise you to know that that wasn't my top speed, I'm just that much better than you" I lied through my teeth, unable to let my pride be shattered. He glared at me accepting the challenge. We did the rest of our sprints going full speed neck and neck, dying as we went.
"Nice job you two, you guys might just be starters if you keep it up. I smiled from the complement of the coach, though I was unable to respond from lack of air. I gave one last glare to Lotor, who looked like he wanted to die as well and dragged my feet over to Hunk, who was prepared with a water bottle for me. I gulped it up as he said
"You do know practice just started right?" he said. I nodded, and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I had completely forgot about the people in the stands, as I heard some girls oohing over me.
I smirked at them followed by a wink, which made them giggle. Hunk and I both heard an incredibly loud screech coming from behind them, and saw Pidge, with her arms waving above her head, pure joy emulating from her face.
"LANCE! HUNK HIIIII!" she said. We awkwardly waved and her. My eyes moved down to the small boy next to her, who was currently face palming. I laughed to myself, suddenly re-energized. I kept my eyes on him, I could almost hear their conversation from their facial expressions.
"Pidge.. Stop"
"Oh relax i'm not hurting anyone" I laughed to myself again and those raven eyes locked with mine. He shyly waved as his cheeks turned pink. Mine did the same and I blew a kiss towards him. He rolled his eyes and looked back down at his hands.
    The coach called us in and told us we'd be doing some scrimmaging.  Looked to Lotor who still looked exhausted but I didn't feel it anymore. I felt great.

Keith POV
I watched their practice go by, and noticed Lotor trying out as well. He had some good skill. I wondered why Lance had told me not to talk to him. I brushed it aside when I noticed all the girls oohing over him. I rolled my eyes and turned to Pidge, who had lost interest a little bit ago, and had fallen asleep on my arm.

I smiled at her, and did my homework there. When I finished I looked up and realized things had just ended. They all came together for one last little chat and went into the locker room. I slowly woke Pidge up who had taken off her glasses.
"Who are you.. Where am I?" she said. I waited for her to put her glasses on and when she did both her questions were answered. "Oh.. is it over so soon?" she said. I laughed and we got up to meet the boys outside.
    They walked out of the locker room and came up to us smiling.
"I won't be able to feel my legs tomorrow" lance said. We all laughed and started walking.
"Hey Keith" I heard from behind me. I turned around to see lotor looking at me. Everyone stopped and turned too..
"How do you know my name?" I asked
"No need to worry your cute self with that" he said, walking up to me and grabbing my chin.

I was forced to look at him and I squirmed a bit. He held on tighter. "So you came to watch me play I see?" he said. Lance pushed him back. I grabbed my face where his fingers had dug into my skin.
"Don't touch him" he said threateningly.
"You dont scare me McClain" he said. Lance growled and squared up. Hunk pulled him back just in time as there was chaos. We walked in the other direction holding onto Lance as we heard Lotor call
"Call me Keith!" I looked away from him for Lance was getting so hard to contain.
When we were far out of sight of lotor, lance was let go.
"I hate that guy" he spat. I asked him why and he just shoved it aside. Soon we were turning down different streets to go to our individual houses.
"What's that?" lance asked, pointing at my painting.
"It's you" I said. He laughed seeing as though it was completely black.
"Well then can I have it?"
"sure " I said handing him the painting I was planning on throwing away. He looked at it, then picked at the paint. A bit of it fell off, revealing a tan color. My eyes widened.
"Nevermind give it back" I said.
"What? You can't give back a painting!" he said looking at me and smirking, noticing the paint chip as well and my reaction to it.

I looked from his challenging face to the painting. It was loosely wrapped in his hands. He smiled. I dove for it, and his grip tightened. We fell on the sidewalk fighting over the painting. I finally ripped it from his hands and stood up. He glared at me.
"You sure are strong."
"Thanks" I said, sitting on him. He wiped his mouth and smiled a bit, then tackled me again. I yelped in surprise and the painting fell out of both of our reach.
I went to grab it but he pulled me down by my shoe. He then reached for it and I slammed his hand down onto the cement with my own. We both reached with our free hand to grab it and both latched onto it at the same time. He tugged it away from me, but I kept my fingers on it's corner.
"Give it!" he said, kicking me in the stomach.
"No!" I said. He got on top of me and held down one of my hands. I knew I was losing so I did the one thing I knew would freak him out. My leg was in between his so I kneed him lightly in the groin, only enough to give him a jump scare. I thought he would think I was going to hurt him, but instead his cheeks turned insanely red.

I got confused and then remembered this was a sexual thing. We laid there, unsure of what to do. I was screaming at myself in my head to move my knee down. Move it down you idiot! I moved it up a bit more in a panic. Oh jeez. Lance didn't say anything, he looked unsure of what to do. I was too.

Suddenly he smiled. I turned dark red with his sudden change in personality. He leaned in, and I quickly pushed him away and got up, brushing myself off.
"Okay, fine you win you can have it." I said, still bright red. He started laughing hysterically on the ground. I cracked a smile too and kept walking in the direction of my house.
"What just happened?" I shut the door behind me and saw shiro and adam talking on the couch.
"Hey" I said, all disheveled and a faint blush still on my cheeks.
"Why do you look like that?" Shiro questioned.
"Like what?" I said my voice cracking. I covered my mouth with my hand. I felt my fingerless gloves touch my skin. I ignored them and went to my room and locked the door. DAMNIT LANCE. I thought as I slid down to the floor.

Lance POV
I got up from the ground with hot cheeks and a bright grin, holding my new treasure. I walked in my house greeted by my family and my parents looked at me wondering. I walked straight into my room, smile still big and locked the door. 
My patience was thinning as I threw my bag onto the floor and tossed Keith's painting onto my bed. I sat down beside it and picked away at it. I wasn't sure what it was that kept me so intrigued in this painting, but I wanted to see what was beneath it. Keith had briefly said that it was me, so I kept my hopes high as I picked away at it. Around thirty minutes later there were little flecks  of black all over my bed and me.
But I could make out my face. It was very faded, and dirty looking, but i knew it was me. I smiled to myself and let out a little laugh as my cheeks heated up.
"Lance, cmon we're singing happy birthday to-" Veronica said, barging into my room. I jumped and hid the painting behind me.
"Knock!" I said. She laughed and looked at the mess I had made.
"Whats that little bro?" she asked teasingly walking towards my bed.
"Nothing. Now get out, I'll be there in a minute" I said. She smirked and closed the door. When it was safely closed I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding and placed the painting in my closet, brushed myself off, and left to go sing with  my family.
Wtf am I writing 😂