Chapter 46 ○ Future

★。\|/。★  

"CUT ME SOME SLACK

"CUT ME SOME SLACK. 

IT'S A LITTLE HARD TO FIGHT IN THIS."

★。/|\。★

THE LAST THING SHE REMEMBERED WAS BLACKING OUT.

The air was unusually cold, causing Grace to get goosebumps down most of her back. She felt her legs aching, and they begged for relief in anyway possible. Her eyes slowly opened, revealing a dark sky above her with no stars in sight. There were buildings stacked all around her, placing her in the middle of an alleyway. The ground was concrete, hurting her hands as they pushed into it to support her torso.

When she looked down to her hands, she noticed two strange bracelets on each of her wrists. They were black, but had a small screen on the front that glowed purple. Her outfit felt familiar: a leather catsuit that covered her whole body, but it was sprinkled with purple accents. A long silver zipper ran down the front, which seemed like a wardrobe disaster waiting to happen.

"Where the hell am I?" Grace asked herself. Her mind buzzed as she looked around, looking for any sign of familiarity. She came across a sign across the street that said Big Belly Burger, a popular restaurant chain that she remembered going to once after a stressful day of work. It looked cleaner than it did when she went, and a man stood outside of the restaurant. He held a sign that Grace couldn't read, and he was dressed as a giant burger. 

Grace thought she was dreaming. "God, I don't know where I am, and the first thing I see is a guy dressed in a burger outfit." She laughed to herself under her breath. Even though her legs felt like jelly, she managed to stand up and walk out onto the sidewalk.  No one seemed to bat an eye as she stumbled and almost tripped. 

When she stood up, her bracelet started beeping. She didn't know how and it startled her, causing her to jump up. After looking down at her wrist, she saw text that read "Incoming Call," and two buttons that were green and red. There was no phone number, but instead a name: "Bruce." 

A feeling in her gut told her to accept the call, so she pressed the green button, and a male voice, presumably Bruce's, rang through her left ear. 

"Grace, we're going to need you to go to the address that I'm going to give you. The Riddler is planning a corporate hacking that will release the personal data of millions of citizens." Bruce sighed before speaking again. "Also, various employees have been injured. Police can't enter due to the mass amount of risk."