Chapter 2 ○ Right As Rain

★。\|/。★

❝IS THIS SOME SORT OF SICK JOKE?❞ 

★。/|\。★

EDWARD NYGMA

I shuffled back to the M.E. Lab to process the interaction I had just had.

Eddie, it seems like we have a new girl here. Forget Kristen, she's perfect for us.

The voice in my head never stopped. He would always persuade me to do things, and I never appreciated it. I am almost certain she has a partner anyways. I decided to walk over to the bathroom so I could sort things out with him.

However, before I was in three feet of the bathroom, a familiar voice stopped me and sounded slightly agitated. I turned around to see that it was Kristen.

Oh, look who it is, the ungrateful little swine that you love so much Eddie boy. 

I twitched slightly, but Kristen came closer, holding the present I left on her desk. I had left her a cupcake with a bullet in it. I suppose she didn't understand it.

"Mr. Nygma, what is the meaning of this? Is this some sort of sick joke?"

"No, actually Miss Kringle, it's a riddle."

"Well, I guess I don't understand your riddle because this scared the hell out of me. Please, tell me the answer to this 'riddle' of yours."

"Well Miss Kringle, the cupcake is sweet and the bullet is deadly. In conclusion, a beautiful woman is a dangerous thing."

Her face seemed even more disgusted, and I knew that she did not like my gift. I didn't understand why. I swallowed hard and started to sweat. My small smile quickly deflated.

Maybe it's because she doesn't like freaks and riddles. Maybe she would like me better.

"Mr. Nygma, you are very peculiar and odd. I don't appreciate this and never do this again. I am not interested in you, and anyone who is must be crazy and deluded."

Ouch, that was tough. I told you we should have stuck with that Grace girl.

She speed walked back into the Records Annex. I was heartbroken. I ran into the bathroom, examined the stalls to make sure no one was inside, and I made my way over to the bathroom mirrors. I saw him, or should I say myself, but he had no glasses on and his hair was messier. 

"Stop talking to me, I don't want you to and you make me do things that I don't want to do."

"Eddie, you do realize that Kristen isn't into you. She doesn't like you. You keep telling yourself that she does, but she doesn't and you are trying to hard to shadow that and sweep it under the rug. Just admit it, Eddie boy, everyone hates you and your riddles and no one really likes you."

"ENOUGH. M-Miss Kringle does like me, she just can't say her feelings because of Officer Dougherty."

"And what will you do about that Eddie boy, he'll pummel you if he knew what you felt. Maybe we should-"

His sentence was cut short when Jim Gordon opened the bathroom door and came over to the sink next to me. He seemed concerned, and he looked over at me.

"You okay Ed? You look stressed." 

"I'm right as rain Detective Gordon, I just needed to think out something on my own. Want to hear a riddle?"

Just as I said that an announcement came on over the speaker, and I turned back to the sink since I only heard Detective Gordon's name. 

"Well Ed, I better be going to the Captain's office. Don't get too stressed, alright?"

He patted me on my back and walked out of the bathroom. I suppose it was time for me and him to continue our conversation.

Hello! Sorry for a short chapter, I'm trying to switch between POV's and make the chapters short for suspense

Hello! Sorry for a short chapter, I'm trying to switch between POV's and make the chapters short for suspense. If you want longer ones, just ask me!