Chapter 33 ○ Insomnia

Third Person POV (Narrator)

Edward had woken up in the morning. He got a mere three hours of sleep and had been an hour late for work. His hair had been messy that morning, the same style he had it from the night before. Bags hung from his eyes, and he was a sweaty mess. Everyone stared at him the entire day, and he went into his lab as a retreat. His eyes started to grow watery. "I can't even stare at her body for the love of God. It hurts me every time." Edward's alter ego appeared in the corner, with a similar look as himself, but even more destroyed.

"S-Someone will find out soon, we need to do something." He sat in his desk and rested his head in his hands. "I can't, everytime I think about her I want to undo what I did. I never want to look at that body ever again." His head was pounding with stress. "I have to talk to him." Edward's alter ego's face churned with disgust. "Oh, him. The limping idiot. Sure, talk to him, he'll help you in getting rid of a body, he barely knows you, except for that one time you stalked him in the GCPD." 

Edward walked out of his office reluctantly. He adjusted his glasses and his tie. While walking over, he saw a few officers laughing at him. He needed to leave in a way that he wouldn't be spotted. Edward had passed the holding cells. A familiar man scoffed at him. He turned on his heels and saw James. "Where is Grace, did you do anything to her? Eh, she might have deserved it." Grace had only been gone for a few hours, but maybe James was suspicious.

"We went on a date, I didn't see her after that. Now please stop talking to me." James had exhaled deeply. "What a whore." The words shocked Edward. He turned his face over to the bars and clenched his fists. He wanted to do something, but he knew he couldn't. 

"Where are you going? Do you know where Ozzy is?" He knew what Edward was thinking, and Edward knew what his alter ego was thinking, too. He walked down the alley behind the police building, and a homeless man was spotted, holding a coffee can for change. "Any spare change lad?" Edward looked over to him and dug into his pockets. He found a leftover quarter that had slightly rusted, so he knew it was there for a while.

Edward dropped it into the can and gave the man a quick smirk. He walked over to his car, which had gotten chipped and rusted over the years, and he could never afford to get it re-painted. Once Edward was inside, he closed the door and took a deep breath. "How will I ever forgive myself for this?" He looked in the rear-view mirror and saw his alter ego. "Eddie, you won't. Just remember, it was an accident. I'm sure she knows that, too." 

A/N

Holy nygmobblepot, 800+ reads! That's so insane, and I promise I will be putting out more chapters soon. I have been so hyped for season 4 that I didn't know what to write. DON'T WORRY, THE SUPRISE WILL BE COMING SOON! I will give you all a hint: Hugo Strange ;) xoxo