One

My pager has gone off at least a thousand times in the past minute. What the hell could he possibly want now? I finish taking my tables order and apologize for my pagers outrageously annoying beeps. I rush to the kitchens window and ring the bell to let them know I'm here.

I rip my tickets off and wait for the cook, who just happens to be my brother, to show up. You'd think he'd be waiting since he beeped me a million times. When he doesn't arrive for another minute I ring the bell again.

"Buck! Get over here!" I ring the bell another three times and he finally shows his greasy face. I hand him the tickets and he frowns.

"What did you want? You must've beeped me a million times. I was taking orders!"

"Your food was ready to take out a minute ago, I had to make Chelsea take it out to your table." He rolls his eyes and starts walking back into the kitchen. I scoff and go into the waitress station to get a drink. The only reason this job is so unbearable is because my brother works here. He's such a slobbish brat.

"What's that stink face for Evie? Buck again?" Chelsea makes her appearance and I take a sip of my water. Chelsea is nice I suppose, but she's the type of person who imposes her friendship on people and doesn't know when to stop talking.

"Yeah you could say that." Although I had been having a pretty crappy day already. No particular reason why it was just one of those days I suppose.

"Oh I know what will cheer you up!" She jumps up a little bit and I flinch back at the sudden movement I raise my eyebrow, waiting for her to continue.

"So. I had these tickets for a while and I was going to go with Beth, and she was totally gonna go with me but then her cat got rabies so she can't go. You should totally come with! There's vip tickets and backstage passes. We get to meet them and-" I cut her off.

"What band is this again?" I put my drink down.

"Oh! Yeah. Guess I should've mentioned that. It's One Direction. You know, the hot British guys and the Irish one." She smiles. Her orange lip gloss smears a bit on her face and it takes everything in me not to point it out. One Direction... not my cup of tea exactly. But to be fair I've never really listened to their music. And if I was going to the concert, Chelsea would probably not be my first choice.

"Uhm... when is the concert?" I ask, hoping I'll have time to come up with an excuse as to why I can't go.

"Tonight. Right after our shift! Kinda perfect timing huh? Oh it'll be great! We can bond and drink together and maybe we can really tighten this friendship huh!" I open my mouth to protest but she puts her finger up to silence me.

"Here. Have this, so I don't lose it." She shoves a ticket into my apron and walks off to take an order. My head is spinning with all that just happened. Well I guess I'm going...

___

A/N okay super short chapter. Most of the chapters will probably be pretty short but I'll try and post frequently. Tell me what you think and give me any criticism you can think of!! Oh! And thanks for reading :) I do appreciate it