35. Across the universe

My eyes were closed as I felt the ground under me.
I was leaning against my door again, like I did when I left.

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing my room around me. Tear streams were plastered on my face. I had to remind myself of what happened.

The fight.

I sat up straighter again, letting out a silent groan.

Was I just asleep? Was this all a dream?

But it felt so real, like I was really there with Susan, Spencer and Brendon. He can't just be in my dream. He has to be real.

Then I heard a silent knock on my door, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"Ryan, can I come in?", my mum asked.

My mum!

My parents are here!

I opened the door and immediatly wrapped my arms around my mother, starting to cry heavily. I missed her so much and I can finally hug her.

She seemed to be a bit surprised but She hugged me back, rubbing my back.

"It's ok, sweetheart", she mumbled.

"I'm sorry mum, sorry for not telling you", Ryan mumbled, sobbing.

"No, don't excuse yourself, your father and I are sorry for acting the way we did. Just know that this was an information we all couldn't really handle at first, alright? We love you and we'll find a way, we just needed a bit time", she said, "we accept you Ryan and are proud of you No matter what happens, alright? We just needed a bit time."

This made me cry even harder than I did before.

"And what a-about dad?", I asked with a shaking voice.

"I'll talk to him, but let that be my worry, ok?", she said quietly.

"Ok", I mumbled as quiet as a mouse.

Then a thought crossed my mind, causing my head to of it up.

"What is it?", my mum asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Nothing, I have just an idea."

"Ok, then I'll let you alone for now, ok?", she said, smiling softly at me before walking downstairs.

I waited until she was gone before wishing my phone out of my bag.

"I missed you", I whispered while unlocking it.

Then I noticed the massages from Susan. I clicked on them, reading it.

Susan: you need to turn on your tv! You won't believe what you'll see! It's on mtv!

I narrowed my eyes at my phone, but did what Susan told me and turned on the tv. It was already on mtv, so I just sat on my bed, looking at the television.

When I saw what Susan wanted to show me I just stared with wide eyes at the man in the tv talking about his new album.

I knew this man.

And god, he looks so different now. His hair is short and slicked back now. I love it, he looks gorgeous and not even that old.

He smiles.

And his smile looks like when we first met. It hasn't changed a bit.

I started grinning at the tv, being proud that Brendon made it far. I only saw him a few minutes ago but for him it were 18 years.

"Is there someone who inspired you to make music in the first place?", the interviewer asked.