22. Let me go!

Please play the song NOW. It's cancer by twenty one pilots, or better the cover by twenty one pilots

"Yeah. I do remember!", Brendon  laughed at his mothers comment. We all sat in her room, except Simon, who had to fly over to his girlfriend.

"You were so small. Funny that you can remember this", Grace said looking at Brendon, "And now you're a grown up man. I'm proud of you. Of all of you. Every single one of you. I couldn't imagine better kids", Grace voice became quiet and raspy.

"Mum? Are you ok?", Brendon asked, his voice breaking.

"I am, honey", she answered coughing.

"No, mum, you're not", he replied taking his mother's hand, the tears welling up in his eyes.

"It's ok, Brendon. It'll be better", she said, smiling slightly, "can you sing for me?"

"No mum! Don't say this!", he told her, a tear escaping his eyes.

"Let go Brendon, my time came. And please take good care of Katie, she needs her big brother now", she said, "can you sing now?"

"Ok", he said taking a deep breath, " Stars shining bright above you
night breezes seem to whisper "i love you"
birds singin' in the sycamore trees
dream a little dream of me
Say nighty-night and kiss me
just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
while i'm alone and blue as can be."

Brendon sang 'dream a little dream of me'. The song his mother used to sing, that's what be told me. His voice was trembling, but Grace smiled and closed her eyes. The rest watched with watery eyes. Even I couldn't stop the tears anymore.

"Dream a little dream of me", he sang, but was interrupted by the peeping monitor.

"No!", Brendon cried. He buried his head on her shoulder crying, "mum, no!"

Katie totally broke down and took her mother's other hand tight. Jess and James were hugging each other crying.

A doctor came, it was Dr. Shepherd.

"Can you please get out of the room now", he demanded walking over to Grace.

"No! I won't go! I won't leave her!", my boyfriend yelled.

"Come Brendon, it's better like this", I told him, eventhough my voice was shaking. I laid my hand on his shoulder but he pulled it away.

Two more doctors came, checking graces state.

"Sir, could you please go now", one of the doctors asked.

Grace told me to take care of him, so that's what I did. I grabbed under his arms and pulled him away from his mother.

"No, Ryan! Let me go!", he yelled, trying to get out of my grip, but this time I was stronger.
I managed to get him out of the room.

"Shhhh", I whispered in his ear.

"No Ryan, please! Let me go!", he cried.

"Try to calm down", I told him, trying not to shake while talking.

He stopped trying to get out of the  grip and lowered his head, crying. It were barely hearable sobs, but I knew he was broken, like grace said he'll be.

I turned him around and hugged him tight. I felt his wet tears on my shirt, soaking it.

He buried his head on my chest and cried. I felt his weight on me, his knees probably went weak, so I held him. His fist grabbed my shirt like it was the only thing existing.

"She's dead, Ryan", he sobbed.

"I know Brendon, I know", I whispered stroking his head.

"She's gone", he whispered more to himself, "She's gone."

"That's alright, she's feeling good now. No pain. No sadness. She's free", I told him.

"That's true", he sobbed, "and she'll see Micheal again."

I hummed as an agreement and held his head on my chest. Tears were escaping my eyes silently. I didn't want him to notice that I was crying. I had to be strong for him in that moment. He needs me and I promised Grace to take care of him. I closed my eyes and just felt Brendon sobbing and crying on my chest.

Grace was right, he is emotional. And I couldn't stand it seeing him like this.

He was broken.

And I don't know if have enough time to fix him.

*****

I know it's sad.... I'm sorry...

Anyway, today I took the bus to drive home and saw a guy around my age in a mcr shirt walking down the street. It's something really special where I come from, because nearly nobody knows mcr, p!atd ect. So I was so distracted thinking about this guy, that I didn't realise I was taking the wrong bus for over five stations ;-;
And I had to run back to the next bus station, because the part of the city I stepped out of the bus kinda scares me.

So that's what happened today...

<3