Chapter 9: Here Comes Trouble

Start from the beginning

I decided on a pair of blue jeans and Niall's white tank top. After shaking my mane of hair out and fixing my white Converse All Star's, I figured I was ready to go. I look fine for a meeting, in my opinion. It only took me about seven minutes to change and fix up my hair, but Niall still beat me to the car.

"You okay?" I asked, sliding into the passenger seat. "Are you good enough to drive?"

"I'm fine, Harry. Thanks." Niall's gorgeous blue eyes were looking out of the rear-view mirror as he backed the car out of his driveway. We pulled out and got onto the main road in no time.

"What do you think Simon wants to talk about?" I asked, feeling a bit of anxiety creep up over me. It isn't like Simon to call a random meeting at a random time like this. And plus, all of the boys were in their homes; Wolverhampton, Doncaster, and Bradford.

Niall shrugged, keeping his eyes on the road in front of him. "No clue. He didn't really say much on the phone. Just to be up there as soon as possible."

"Do you think we're in trouble?"

Niall chuckled. "Why would we be in trouble?"

"Pictures from last night could've gotten out... You never know."

"I doubt it."

We sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the ride. It wasn't awkward. If this was last night, it would be beyond awkward. But now that Niall knows that I truly love and care for him, and vise versa, everything feels right. Everything feels... normal.

Something inside of me wants to know what Niall actually remembers from last night, though. He was drunk, after all. His hangover isn't nearly as bad as it could be, but that doesn't mean that he remembers what went down.

Niall parked outside of Syco not very long afterwards. By the looks of things, we were the last ones here. That's pretty funny because the other lads must've woken before us or Simon rang them up before Niall and I.

We got out, giving each other nervous glances as we began towards the front door of the large management complex. The smell of mint and rosemary filled the air as we stepped in. It was so strong, it almost made me feel weak and light-headed.

A large chandilier was in the center of the ceiling, right above a large, round, mahogony desk with a young woman sitting behind it on the phone. The walls were a beige color, and the chairs in the lobby matched the giant desk.

It didn't take long for Niall and I to notice Zayn and Liam sitting down, fiddling with their thumbs nervously. Correction; Liam was fiddling with his fingers and Zayn was biting his thumb nail nervously. Their faces lit up a bit when we all made eye contact.

"Hey, lads," Niall greeted our mates cheerfully. He reached out and did a bro-handshake with both boys, who now had the slightest smile on their faces.

Zayn replied first. "Hey. Where have you two been?"

"Sorry. I may have had a bit too much to drink last night," Niall mumbled. Good on him, too, because if someone overheard that and told Simon, Simon would ring his neck right here on the spot.

"Where's Louis?" I blurted out.

Liam pointed at Simon's office door. "In there. Uncle Si wanted to talk to the three of you alone first. So go on in, I think they're waiting."

I looked over at Niall, who gulpedbdown the lump in his throat. I cleared my throat, scratched my neck, then started inching towards the door extremely slowely. When Niall and I were right at the door, I glanced up at the lady behind the desk. She looked at me sternly, then nodded, as if to say, "Go on in."

Niall, being the bravest little lad he is, pushed the door open gently. Louis was sitting in one of the six chairs, slumped down into the seat, like a schoolboy in the headmaster's office. Simon was sitting behind his desk, his chen resting on his hands with an unamused look on his face.

"Sit," he said in a gruff voice.

Niall and I didn't even hesitate to fill in the two spots on either side of Louis. He looked over at me and gave me a questioning look. I ignored it though; after all, I am upset with him right now. Tearing my green orbs away from his blue-gray ones, I looked up at Simon.

"Are we in trouble?" I felt compelled to ask. I cannot stand being under pressure or in an awkward situation like this one. Niall, Louis, and Simon's heads all snapped in my direction, which made me feel not so comfortable.

"We need to discuss something," Simon said sternly, looking back and forth between Niall and I. "And it has to do with you two."

---

Author's Note: Oh no. They're in trouble. Oooooh. I apologize for not being online as much; high school is kicking my butt. The athletic trainers at my school and I got home with the varsity football players at literally about 1 in the morning last night.

It is pretty tough juggling homework with after and before school training, and writing. So once again, I apologize deeply. I love each and every one of you sooo much! Thanks a bunch for 1,300+ fans!

Vote, like, comment, share, and stay beautiful!

Much love.

- Maddie xx