Chapter 5: Home Sweet Home

I am so sorry that I took forever (& always... Ha, see what I did there? Yeah, I'm lame. Deal with it). Alright, so, on with the excuses:

It's summertime and I have a life...

Yup, I said it. Aha. Well, anyway. Did you vote for this story and Let It Snow in the FanFic contest? She dragged the date out a little bit, so there is still some time to vote! Seriously, guys... The 1D FanFic police will come find you...

Enough of my chatting. On with the story!

---

[ Harry's POV ]

I stepped away from the squealing fans that were behind police baracade lines and smiled. Their shrieks and squeals filled my ear. God, I think I might go deaf in this ear. It is always this loud and crazy when we arrive home for breaks with our family and friends. I like it, though.

I think we took around two hundred pictures and autographs this morning. It was a rather short flight because we were supposed to heading to Australia, but management and Simon agreed to let us take a quick detour home for a few days. I'm actually excited to see my mum, Gemma, and cat. It'll be good to see Louis' and the other lads' mums, too.

"Harry, I love you!" a short girl with long red hair yelled as I began to move on towards Paul and the guys.

I turned around, waved, and shot her a friendly smile. "Love you, too!" I turned back as her extremely loud scream filled the atmosphere of the airport. Zayn gave me a nice pat on the back while Liam gave me a sweet and innocent smile as I approached them and the others.

Bending down to pick Baby Lux up, I lifted her into my arms and grinned as she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. Her tiny, chunky legs were around my torso, which slightly lifted my black shirt up, revealing part of my waist and stomach. The breeze of the freezing cold airport on my bare skin would normally bother me, but it didn't right now.

A million thoughts swarmed through my mind as Lux tugged on my curls violently. Weird thoughts. Crazy thoughts. Creepy thoughts... Scary thoughts. Things about Louis and Niall. I couldn't stop thinking about the boys. Will Louis tell Niall that I love him? He wouldn't... Would he? No, he couldn't. That's the problem, though. I don't like Niall like that. I don't love him. I lied to Louis. It is pretty much impossible for him not to realize yet. He should know that I only like him... I only love him.

Niall and I... We just don't click. At least not like Louis and I do. It just doesn't make any type of sence at all. I just don't see it with Niall.

"Ow, Lux!" I groaned as the baby laughed and continued yanking roughly on my brown curly locks. I pulled one of my hands up, using the other one to support her, and rubbed my aching scalp. "That hurt, babe!"

Lou Teasedale, along with the other boys except Niall and Paul, laughed. She reached her skinny little arms out and took Lux out of my grasp and into hers. "Awh, baby. Stop getting frisky. Harry likes older girls, remember?" Our blonde stylist nuzzled her nose into her baby's as the guys laughed, once again, except Niall.

I don't know what his problem is, but he'd better solve it. I do not feel right being rude to Niall, so I won't say anything to him. It just really irritates me that he acts like this is partially my fault. Of course Louis hasn't told him yet; he is completely oblivious. Even though he doesn't know why Louis and I are acting so weird, he shouldn't be like this to me... Right?

I couldn't think to do anything else, so I rolled my eyes. "Ha, ha. Very funny."

"Oh, she loves you, Har Bear," Lou teased at me, holding Lux out towards me. Lux's chubby hands reached up and grabbed my face, pulled me forward, and kissing my cheeck gently. I smiled as more thoughts roamed around my open mind.