Chapter 19: Paps & Popcorn

/ h a r r y \

"Have fun!"

"No snogging on the first date!"

"Enjoy the movie!"

With that last statement and one final shove, Niall and I were left standing in the freezing London air. Louis slammed the flat door in our faces, making me flinch back. I sighed in defeat, turning and resting my back on the door frame.

"I don't think they're going to let us back inside until we leave," Niall stated, pursing his lips and crossing his arms over his chest.

No matter how much we fought back, Zayn, Liam, and Louis over powered both of our strengths. I had a gut feeling that Jean and the management team back at Syco made them do this, but it was also something that the boys wanted, which is why they were so eager to make us leave.

I didn't bother moving even the tiniest bit. They can't make us do something against our will.

"Come on, Harry," Niall pleaded, stepping closer to me. "We might as well go to it over with. Besides, you've been wanting to see this movie since it released. Let's just go."

Maybe this was a good thing. I haven't really left the flat since our meeting with Modest! because I was avoiding the growing ammount of paparazzi. I knew that they would be ten times worse since Niall and I 'came out', and honestly, I was terrified. I didn't want to be called mean names and be judged by old men with cameras.

"Fine," I grumbled, pushing myself off of the door. "But one thing. I am not holding your hand."

Niall laughed as I started towards the front car park where our mode of transportation was waiting for us. "Good, because I didn't want to hold yours, either."

***

The theatre was actually clear of paparazzi when we arrived. A few fans who somehow found out where we would be were waiting for us in the lobby, though. Paul allowed us to sign all of their autographs and take pictures, but the fans weren't allowed inside until our movie was over.

We walked straight to the counter to buy candy, passing by the arcade, thr café, and the newly renovated Starbucks kiosk.

"Do you want sweets or anything?" I asked Niall, pulling my wallet out from the back pocket of my jeans.

Niall shrugged. "Just a large popcorn with that nacho cheese powder on it. Oh, and a large Pepsi."

I nodded, turning back to the anxious young lady standing on the opposite side of the counter. "Can we get a large popcorn with nacho power and a large Pepsi... and, erm, a box of Kit Kats and a medium Pepsi."

"That'll be nine pounds, sir," she told me after pressing a few buttons on the cash register. I dug into my wallet and handed her the money. "Your candy will be right out, give me one second."

"Thanks."

I glanced backwards at Niall, who was already looking at me. He smirked and cocked one eyebrow up, and I laughed at his cheekiness.

"Here you go," the cashier announced, turning my attention back to her. Niall stepped up to the counter to help me carry our snacks. I grabbed my chocolate and soda and thanked the nice lady.

"Have a lovely day," I told her, beginning to walk down the isle where the theatres were located.

"Wait!" Her hazel eyes went wide as she leaned over the counter. "I just wanted to say... um, thank you for everything."

"Everything? Whatd'ya mean?" Niall asked her, squinting his eyes a bit.

She sighed, then sent us a friendly smile. "Well, because of you two, me and my girlfriend decided to come out to our parents. You gave us the courage to do that. The inspiration you gave us was astounding and our parents are actually so happy for us, so I thank you for that."