Princess in the tower I

Author's note:  Another teenage Loki & Ylva story, though this one has nothing to do with Bound. I do hope you'll enjoy it! Something to keep in mind while reading: this story has three different POV's. 

Chapter 1 - Frigga

Frigga is keeping a stern eye on her sons as they are packing their bags, the boys both grumbling as they walk between their closet and their bed, dumping clothes in their valises. "Can you at least try to fold them?" she says to her eldest son, her voice sounding tired from dealing with both of their adolescent nonsense - and bickering - for the last hour.

"Not fair," Thor complains from the opening to his bedroom, gesturing to his brother's room on the other side of their shared sitting room. "Loki's cheating!"

Frigga follows his pointed finger to the room behind her, where her youngest son is using his magic to put his clothes fairly neat in his bag. The raven haired teenager responds very maturely by scrunching up his nose and sticking out his tongue at his brother. A glare from his mother has him turning away quickly, to finish up his packing.

The Allmother pinches the bridge of her nose to keep her calm. They're packing for a visit to Alfheim, where they'll will stay for a fortnight with their lifelong friends, the king and queen of the realm of Light Elves. Although Frigga makes sure to visit them every year, alone or accompanied by Odin, it's been a long while since they visited as a family. The Asgardian princes used to love to go visit the Alfheim royals, whose kids are about the same age as them, although Queen Anarya and King Froder not only have two sons, but also a daughter. The girl used to play with the boys all the time, matching their rowdiness and racket easily. More often than not the five of them disappeared into the woods for the whole day, showing up for dinner covered in leafs and muck. And when they chose a more quiet pastime they stuck together too; backs resting against upturned legs while they read a book, or crowding together in a circle to play a game of cards.

However, all that child's play has been forgotten now her sons have grown up, it seems. Thor and Loki were not exactly jumping for joy when she told them she wanted them to come with their parents for this year's visit; although that may have more to do with a certain party they would be missing than the destination of their visit. A fond smile finds its home on Frigga's lips as she watches the two young men. They have grown so much the last couple of years; their shoulders getting wider, their hands bigger, their voices lowering. Before her mind's eyes she still sees the children they were not so long ago, with skinned knees and tousled hairs, crawling next to her up the sofa to tell her about their day.

***

Odin is quietly talking to Heimdall when Thor, Loki and their mother arrive to the golden dome at the end of the Rainbow Bridge. Loki helps his mother off her horse and hands the reigns to the squire that will bring the horses back to the stable.

The brothers are still not exactly looking forward to their visit to Alfheim; two weeks at home without your parents, name one teenager who wouldn't like that?! Although when your father is the Allfather, your mother the Allmother and your home is guarded by a knight in gold armour with all-seeing eyes, you might as well just go with them; it's not like they won't know what you're doing all the time anyway.

Pretty soon Heimdall has the Bifrost ready for them, wishing them a safe passage and a pleasant stay. "Give my best to the king and queen," he adds with a little bow to the Allmother.

"Will do, my friend," she answers warmly before she steps into the rainbow coloured Bifrost, followed by her sons and husband.