Chapter 53:)

BAILEY POV

The announcement made me wake up instantly.

"Oh My God!!! We're here!!" I squealed as I yanked open the plane window cover, causing a stream of bright mid afternoon sunlight to radiate through the small space.

"I'm jet-lagged and you're yelling. I don't like you." Mikaela groaned from beneath her QANTAS eye mask as she lifted the corner to look at me angrily. I ignored her negative behaviour and kept my eyes fixed on the landscape before me. To be honest I was expecting it to look a lot different from the Australian view. I was right in most cases. The houses definitely seemed closer together and the general landscape had a lusher, greener appearance. But the housing style looked mug the same, along with the way the cars crawled along the tiny roads.

The plane was slowly losing altitude as we neared the airport. It was a funny concept to grasp, we'd left Australia the day we'd arrived in LA. The whole time zone thing messed with my mind in a cool sort of way.

"Can we go shopping this afternoon?!" I asked Mik as I continued to squint through the window.

"Sure, we can't go tomorrow."

"Sweet!! This is awesome!!" I grinned, turning around to see Mik begin to wake up and sit up. We both looked like hell from the 14 hours without a mirror or correct personal hyginene. But then again, what would you expect?

I was lost in thought as I became aware of the sudden dropping sensation in the pit of my stomach, then.....

Touchdown. I felt the plane bump along the runway as we officially landed in LA.

"Welcome to LA. Your local time is 3:50pm."

We where here.

END POV

ASHTON POV

"I understand I think....." I trailed off as I, once again, swapped my typical drumsticks for a type with soft, material on the ends. Amnesia was the type of song that didn't require an insane drum enthusiast. It required a gentle undertone throughout the whole song, like a steady heartbeat.

"Again from the top." Calum suggested as he fixed his earpiece back into his ears.

We didn't have a show tonight but we felt like we should do a rehearsal at the venue before tomorrow night.

"Yup." Michael agreed as he slung his acoustic guitar back around his neck, moving closer to my platform so I could count us in.

"Go." Luke nodded at me as I tapped lightly on the drum to signal the start of the song.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted."

Calum started the song, looking out into the audience as he gently strummed his base guitar, while Michael did the consistent, yet catchy picking rhythm at the start. I took this all in from where I was sitting behind them on on drums. Looking out into the no existent audience, absorbing every lyric.

Then it was Luke's turn,

"I remember the day you told me you where leaving, I remember the make up running down your face. The dreams you left behind you didn't need them, Like every single wish we ever made.

I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia and forget about the stupid little things, like the way it felt to fall asleep next too you. The memories that I can't escape. Cause I'm not fine at all....."

I heard his voice catch as he finished.

I lost connection with the song as I zoned out, my arms and feet moving on autopilot. That was until the bridge....