Chapter 30:)

"Without you I'm a lost boy,

come find me I'm a lost boy

Come find me, come find me."

-Lost Boy 5SOS

LUKE POV:

As I crossed the road the fact that I needed to tell Bailey soon began to creep uncomfortably into my mind.

Yesterday we'd been contacted by One Directions management, informing us of the very high possibility that we would be selected for their 110 date world tour. Nothing was confirmed yet but the possibility was definitely looming in front of us. No one else knew but the guys, our parents and myself. I wasn't technically allowed to tell Bailey but I couldn't lie to her. I don't know why, I just couldn't.

We stopped walking once we had crossed the road.

Bailey had began to pick up on my behaviour, she was about to ask the question I knew I couldn't avoid...

"Luke what's wrong?" She asked me, grabbing my shoulder to turn me around so I was facing her. The height difference wasn't huge, but she did still had to tilt her head up slightly to drill her green eyes with mine. Her eyebrows where knitted together in confusion and she was biting the side of her lip with worry. She looked super cute, which only made me feel even guiltier. I began mentally preparing myself, formulating words that where light and vague.

"Bai, I've got something to tell you and it's going to change everything."

Her faced dropped. Literally. Her eyes grew wary and her posture significantly stiffened in defence, as if she was bracing herself for the worse. I couldn't do it. Not now, I wasn't allowed to anyway....

"Well?" She asked, standing back with her hands on her hips. People jostled around us and the ringing of chatter drowned out the sound of my incoherent thoughts.

"Not here." I replied blandly. Good move Luke, more time to come up with a random response. I couldn't tell her, it would break everything between us because, let's face it, long distance at 16 never works. End of story. I'd heard so many stupid stories about people making "promises" and "dedication vowels" and other random shit. I couldn't even face the thought at the moment. Yet putting it off, I felt, was potentially a bad idea.

I held one of Bailey's hands and pulled her gently along beside me through the tightly condensed crowd of work people yelling into phones and parents with their kids. I continued pulling her along until the path opened out into a strip of grassy space. A small, empty swing set lay in the distance, a tiny,red slide standing, looking just as lonly beside it. Not a single word had been exchanged between us as we both instinctively made our way over to the poor excuse of a playground. The late afternoon made our shadows long and willowy against the dry, Australian grass.

I took a seat on the swing and began rocking myself gently back and forth on the heels of my black converse. I hadn't yet come up with what to tell Bailey, I felt like I would be lying either way, yet I wasn't technically allowed to tell her yet....

"Sooooooo?" Bailey asked as she began twisting her seat around so she swung in an arch.

END POV

BAILEY POV

I looked at him expectantly, squinting slightly as the afternoon light cast a halo of golden light around his head, illuminating his blonde hair.

Luke looked troubled. There was no denying that he was having an internal battle and he was losing. I could read this boy like an open book.

"Well the EP came out today and we've been asked to attend a Nova interview." He smiled, looking down into the dirt at his feet.

My insides crash to the floor. Wow, this was, put it simply, unexpected.