09: his friend

yein

I was craving for some ice cream so I went out of the room with Jungkook to go to the nearest convenience store in the area.

I also have something to tell to him.

"Kook, you already know that Dad is managing our business in LA, right?" He just nodded.

I brought the topic up.

My parents are still discusssing about my dad bringing me with him to LA and to continue my studies there.

"They are planning to send me there." He suddenly stopped biting on his ice cream and instantly turned to look at me.

"Of course, I didn't agree. I don't want to leave my friends, my classmates and especially you."

Since my childhood, the presence of Jungkook was clearly evident. The only time we were apart was when he had family vacations to attend to. Most of the time though, our families go out together in holidays.

He sighed in relied. "I thought you were going to really leave us."

You know I can't leave you. It will be apparently hard for me to adjust without your existence with me. I grew up having you by my side. Going to LA without you will really be hard.

"I am not sure if I can survive to a new environment with huge adjustments so I just better stay here."

**

You know the secrets I could never tell (uh huh)
And when I'm quiet, you break through my shell
Don't feel the need to do a rebel yell
'Cause you keep my feet on the ground

It is my turn to sing now. I didn't pick this song, it was Sujeong who chose this. I am still fine with it though.

You're a true friend
You're here till the end
You pull me aside when something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
Till it's alright again
You're a true friend

This song seemed to be dedicated to Kook. A song about a true friend. I can't help but look at him whenever the lyrics are really related to us. He just swayed his head along the song.

You don't get angry when I change the plans
Somehow you're never out of second chances
Won't say I told you when I'm wrong again
I'm so lucky that I found

The lyrics are absolutely on point. Sujeong picked the right song. For the next lyrics, I placed my arm above his shoulder and pulled him closer to me. I invited him to sing with me.

You pull me aside when somethin' ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
Till it's alright again
You're a true friend

I now passed the mic after my song.

"Jungkook, the stage is now yours!"

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,
I'll be the light to guide you

What is with us tonight? Is it the national best friends day? I mean we were never like this much expressive about seeing each other as friends so this situation kind of surprised me.

Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

I don't have to assume that this song is for me because it really is for me. He kept glancing at me while he is singing.

You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

What if... what if the time comes and he'd find himself a girlfriend? I know things are not going to be how it is just like now.

All these years, we spend all our time with each other. Probably, once he finds his girl, our time together will be lessened, or may the worst come, he will not have time for me anymore.

We are just best friends, almost close to siblings, but we are not each other's responsibilities or should I say priority. Soon enough, we will have our own families, we will eventually be apart to live our own lives.

This hits me. Everything in the world is temporary.

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go
Never say goodbye
You know you can

I let some blue feeling to grow in my mood while they are enjoying. Damn this mood swings.

"You okay?" Kook paused in singing and turned to me. I just nodded and gave him an assuring smile.

Count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Oh, oh
You can count on me 'cause I can count on you

I accept that fate can really make us apart but I hope when that time comes, our friendship will still be important for you. I hope whenever I need you in the future, I still can count on you just like how you said in the song.

Myungeun sighed before speaking, "You two are adorable."

"Aaaah, I want to have a boy best friend, too," Jiyeon groaned.

"You have me, Jiyeonie," Jimin playfully replied.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes before responding, "You have me your face, idiot!"

"Answer us honestly, do you really have zero percent feelings for each other?" Namjoon uttered and turned to us.

Me and Kook just looked at each other having our nose crunched in disgust. We both shook our heads disapprovingly. We let out a chuckle afterwards.

Soojung sighed as well. "They just really see each other as a friend."

Yeah, because we're best friends.

And as a best friend, I'm just a friend.