02: his towel

yein

"What are your plans for Jiae's birthday?"

"She doesn't have any interest with parties. So what shall we do?" Yoongi stressfully slammed his hands on his face.

"You're the boyfriend, you know her the most," fired Soojung.

We are presently at the dorm now, killing time in the student lounge. The student lounge is looking like a mini living room set, but it's spacious enough to accommodate many students.

I'm currently focused on my sketchpad while sitting on the floor and my friends are sitting on the couch and on some little stools here.

I had a dream last night and I don't know why I decided to draw what I saw on my dream. It was a girl, seeing a couple hugging each other.

I've been tucking my hair behind my ear for the nth time already. I just realized how bad is the idea of getting my hair cut a little.

Just some random and lazy strokes with a pencil. I'm not really putting much effort to this drawing.

I suddenly felt a hand trying to get the band on my wrist.

I knew it was Kook so I just let him be.

I felt his hands gently stroking my hair. Okay. He's trying to tie my hair. He always does that, though. So it is basically unsurprising to me.

"What's that?" he asked, looking at my sketchpad.

"Obviously a girl seeing a couple hugging," I lazily answered.

I'm too much focused on drawing but I'm not even putting much effort to it? What?

"Hey guys! I have news!" Jimin shouted, running on the hallway towards us.

"What is it?" asked Kei.

"We'll have a new classmate next semester."

"So what?" uttered Jiae.

"She's a cousin of Tiffany-sunbae."

Tiffany-sunbae is one of the popular girls here in campus. She's smart and talented as complimented by the students.

"Uh, by the way, Taehyung informed me earlier that the other section is challenging us for a basketball match on our next P.E class which is actually tomorrow," Jungkook spoke.

"They really want to challenge us, huh?" Jimin commented.

"We are free during during your P.E class, we might be able to join you in your game," Yoongi said. He just got here though.

"Sure, if they will let you join."

"Hey, you should be there, alright?" I heard him spoke behind me but since I'm focused on my drawing, I didn't respond.

"Hey!" he yelled and pulled my hair.

"Ouch!" I screamed. Did he just pull my hair?

"Okay, okay fine," I annoyingly said.

**

"Let's go Ambers!" Mijoo cheered while leading the cheerdancers. She's our cheer captain. Me and Sujeong are also part of it but I decided not to join them in the cheering.

Like this is just a simple and not-so-big-deal game so why would they really cheer that hard for them.

"Go! Go! Go! Dandelions!" cheered by the other section.

Obviously, our sections are named after colours. Sujeong is not here right now, probably she's at the freedom wall talking to her post-its.

But I'm not alone here by the bleachers. Soojung, Jiae, Jisoo and Jin are also here with me, cheering for their boyfriends and me, cheering for my best friend.

"Jungkook is really good, he's so talented!" cried by the girls behind us.

What's the big deal with Jungkook? Yes, I know, he's smart, he's handsome, he's talented, he's everything but I don't really see him that way. Maybe because I see him as an annoying but caring best friend.

Presently, they are ruling the game. It's just so absurd that it's the other section that challenged them yet they can't even go ahead our section.

I figured a familiar face reaching to our place, desperately panting. It's Sujeong.

"Gosh! I almost caught him! But there were just too many students crowding at the freedom wall!" she hissed, stomping her feet in annoyance.

"You mean your anonymous responder?"

"Yeah. That was so close!" she whined like a kid.

A loud sound of whistle reigned the basketball court. We looked at them and learned that our section won the game. I already see this coming so I'm not totally astonished at all.

The boys went up to the bleachers where we are right now. And as expected, some went directly to their girlfriends, except for Jimin and Jungkook who don't have.

Jungkook made his way towards me and drank the bottle of cold water that I have been holding since the game.

Geez. That's my water. I got him his water but he just took my bottle.

Jimin went to Kei. "Hey, why don't you wipe my sweat off, too?"

"Wipe your face!" Kei exclaimed and threw the towel on Jimin's face. The group laughed because of that.

Jimin and Kei are close to each other. Even if Jimin's a playboy and known to be the person who only breaks precious hearts of the girls, he still valued us, his girl space friends, especially Kei since they are really close.

I turned back to Jungkook. "Damn you. I got you a bottle of water but you eventually drank mine," I said while wiping his sweat off with the towel that I brought.

"Look, Kei! All of them," Jimin exclaimed while pointing us, "They are wiping the sweat off their boyfriends! I'm the only one who's not being treated like that!"

Uh, what again? Boyfriends?

"Excuse me, Jimin. Please do exclude me 'cause this person in front of meㅡI mean beside me-" Jungkook is already here beside me, placing his arm on my shoulders. Good thing his sweat don't smell bad. "-is not my boyfriend. I'm just wiping off the sweat of my best friend. Okay?"

Yeah, best friend.

And as a best friend, I'm his towel.