Mate's with my Bestfriends, Boyfriend's Beta.

"Well today, i'm sorry to annouce that i'm stealing my daughter back for a shopping trip Noah." My mum said placing a hand on his shoulder, he swivled round in his chair and looked up too my mum.

"I'll live." He shrugged, turning back around he gulped the rest of his coffee down in one. "I'll run home, see you later. Thanks for letting me stay." He said quickly, flashing my mum and dad a smile before rushing out the door. Without even giving me a second glance. I frowned gently, I hadn't done anything... damn what was his problem. I inwardly groaned, this cannot actually be what I think it is.

"You have a fight?" My dad asked coming to sit down on my right, I shook my head and shoved my hair up into a ponytail. "Strange." He muttered, biting into his toast, rolling my eyes I pushed up from the table and faced my mum.

"I'm ready!" I said fake enthusiasm lacing my voice, she rose her brow and I returned her risen brow equally as high. I passed her purse too her encouraging her too move and stop fussing over Noah's quick escape from me.

She eventually caught on to my 'don't care' act and started moving about grabbing keys and all sorts. "Bye!" she called out giving my dad and sister quick kisses she dragged me out the house and into the car. "So what was Noah's quick escape for?" She asked starting the car up, I looked through the window at the grass on the neighbours from lawn and sighed.

"Honestly mum, I really don't know. He was fine earlier." I shrugged, I looked back over at her biting the inside of my lips. She gave me a side smile, and put her hand on my arm squeezing it gently.

"I'm sure everythings okay." She said, taking her hand away she pulled out and onto the road, the shopping centre wasn't too far away, but it was definitely too far to walk.

"I guess." I replied, switching the radio on, flo-rida filled the car with up-beat music.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked softly, I felt my throat close up and a lump in my throat formed painfully, swallowing it quickly I shrugged.

"It's getting better." I replied bluntly, I didn't want to have to get over her death in a week, I need a serious amount of time and maybe a therapist. But we don't always get what we want, I have until the pack meeting on Sunday to pull my act together and think about mating with my mate. Who in which is a completely different scenario.

Though I still yet have a lot to learn about Noah Tanner, why in Gods name did they pair me with my arch enemy? Was it because Maria and Jake were going to die? I couldn't tell, but in this situation I hope that isn't the only reason were together.

"Good, I know it's hard and I know things are having to move quicker than you expected, but always remember there is light at the end of the tunnel and things will eventually start turning your way sweetheart." I took in my mothers words and tried too believe her, will anything start turning my way? Only time will tell.

"I guess you're right." I mumble back, she switched radio off and parked the car close to the shopping centre.

"You know I'm right, now let's go and have a nice day okay sweetheart?" I tugged a small smile on my face and nodded, a nice day sounded great.

Noah's POV.

I sat on the side of my bed, elbows resting on my knees and my fingers buried deep into my wet hair, what am I supposed to do with her? I can't seem to make her happy, I can't take her pain away because if I could I would, I just want her too be happy.