Mate's with my Bestfriends, Boyfriend's Beta.

The drive back too the pack house was nothing like the drive to that place. The place being where my best friend passed away, right next too me.

I watched the trees whizz past and the feint sniff my mother made passed my ears. The drive was over in seconds, even after the vehicle had stopped moving i continued too look out into the woods, hoping she'd walk through the shrubs any second looking as lively as she usually is.

But instead I get the view of my Mothers trench coat and I blink back into reality, she opened the door and she looked me over, I knew i looked weak, ill and hollow. Its what the death of a family member does, but ontop of that? My best friend too, I look double as worse. But i dont care... all i care about now is doing what i promised. I looked over my Mothers shoulder too see the back of Noahs head, he was looking into the woods I almost imagined him hoping what i was. 

"You're lucky Charlotte, you got too see her off."  my wolfs upsetting words made me gasp slightly. Noahs head turned and he watched me his red rimmed eyes filling up again and spilling, I watched helplessly as his lip wobbled and his body crumbled into a ball and sobs shuddered through him. Pushing out the car I made my way over too him, trying not too let his sadness rub off on me yet, he needed someone to be strong for him and I would do that for him. I grabbed his forearms that curled tightly around his legs and hoisted him up and pulled him into me for a hug. 

I instantly felt him relax and hold me tighter, I copied and let the tears i'd been holding back fall onto his shoulder.

"C'mon you two, let get inside, it looks as if the heavens are about too open," I pulled back from Noah and saw my mum giving us both a gentle smile, I looked back at Noah and wiped the tear rolling down his cheek away and we followed my mum inside hand-in-hand.

The same musky smell greeted me as I walked through the door, I don't know why but I was expecting it to be different, like no traces of Maria or Jake would ever appear again. But I could still smell them swirling in the atmosphere, I watched my mum put her keys on the little table next to the door. Where Maria if she was out with Jake, she'd leave little notes giving me chores because I was the laziest in the house, and how I used too stick them all over her room. And they're still there now.

I felt my hand being squeezed and I looked down warily at mine and Noahs entwined hands, it looked like magic and the way my hand fit to his perfectly was so amazing I gave him a little squeeze back and followed him through into the kitchen. Everything was still there as it was, muffin half eaten, coffee gone cold and I was sure there was a dead fly in one of them.

"Charlotte, I'm trusting You and Noah to look after yourselves for the next couple of hours, theres Elder buisness I have to deal with, make sure there are no more tradegies like this one," she said heavily, her hair shifted out of her face and the darkening bags were black and getting worse. She needed rest more than anything, and so did we. 

"We'll be okay Mum, see you in a few," I almost didn't recognise my own voice as it came out, the huskiness scared me a little, and I think it startled Noah too since his face was a mask of confusion. I cleared my throat and spoke again, "thank you for everything." My voice was clear this time and my mothers eyes softened. 

"Anytime darling, see you," she smiled walking out the room, I heard the door slam and the car driving away seconds after.

My lip wobbled again and I let the waterfall of tears stream down my face, I looked up at Noah he almost had what I'd call a peaceful smile on. "W-wh-a-at?" I stuttered.

He shook his head, almost like he was dismissing what he was thinking and stood up. "Lets go lie down," his voice was husky too, and almost drained of the life it usually has. I stood too and nodded wiping away my tears I followed him up the stairs to his room. 

His room was sort of tidy a few study book were spew on the floor and jeans where spread across the desk, he quickly worked around his room shoving everything into a corner and off his bed. His sheets were just a normal navy and grey striped pattern with navy pillows and sheet, very him.

He rearranged the pillows and fluffed them up as I stood at the door way admiring how he was trying to try his hardest for me. He lay down and patted the bit of the bed beside him, "come lay with me?" I could tell he'd tried to sound casual but the wobble in his voice made me sense the tears that were wanting to flow. I made my way over, kicking my shoes off and I rolled over next too him, and snuggled myself into his side. 

"The last thing Jake said too me was too stop dicking around and too focus on getting and earning you. I will do what he said, because frankly before I found out, I had a crush on you anyways," he sniffed wrapping his arm around me, I felt myself smile a little.

"One of the last things Maria said was to love you and never let you out of my site. I will do what she said, even if you are a cold hearted child," I said lightly, he chuckled and sniffed. He wasn't cold hearted at all, he was sensitive and deep and this would've cut him as deep as it's cut me. 

"For them," he whispered.

"For them," I replied closing my eyes, I tried to forget the haunting events of today.

short, i know:(