Valentines Day Special

Start from the beginning

"How could I not, if your reaction is this amusing." Louis said, still carrying that smug smile on his face.

"Hmph! Give me back my waffles." I said, feeling irritated for getting fooled so easily, reaching across the table for the plate.

"Wait one minute." Louis said before heading back into the kitchen. 

He brought another plate waffles, this one for himself. His waffles were covered in just maple syrup. I was quite surprised when seeing that.

"What?" He asked noticing my expression.

"You didn't eat yet?" I asked.

"No, I don't really like eating alone." He answered.

"You- you were waiting for me." I murmured, feeling guilty for taking a long time to wake up. Louis wakes up way earlier than me. He is and always was a morning person after all. Also, Zack and Alistair were gone on a vacation and Anne was on a school trip. So for now, it was just him and me in the house.

"Don't make that face. It's no big deal anyway." He said, passing me my silverware.

I took it and dug into my waffles wordlessly. I could taste the sweetness and softness of it in my mouth and couldn't help but savor it more. I looked up from the plate to compliment his cooking skills to see him already looking at me in daze.

"Is it really that entertaining to watch me eat?" I asked.

"Who's watching you eat?! I was just admiring my cooking skills." Louis said, breaking out of his daze while simultaneously blushing. 

'How cute.'

"You got caught staring at me." I said, thinking of getting back at him for teasing me.

"You're overthinking things." He denied.

"Sure." I said.

He just turned away refusing to look or talk to me. What a child. Suppose I can only change the subject.

"Fine. Your cooking is the best." I said, truthfully.

"Hmph. Of course." He said, looking proud.

My phone screen lit up and I saw I got a message from Alistair. I unlocked my phone and and saw a picture of him and Zack standing on the beach in their swim trunks. They were both wearing sunglasses. Alistair was wearing a thin, white jacket. Probably because Zack being jealous and overprotective again. How typical. I wrote a message back greeting Alistair and also wishing him a happy Valentines Day.

'They both look really happy though. I wonder what Louise and I can do today?'

"What are you looking at?" Louis asked.

I showed him the picture. Louis looked thoughtful.

"Well we shouldn't sit around either. Let's go somewhere." He said.

"Ah- yeah. We should." I said. 

"Anyplace you specifically want to go?" He asked.

What should I say? The movies? A museum? A cafe? I don't know, that would be like any ordinary date. It has to be special.

"I - A-anywhere is fine." I finally answered. Damn, what a lame answer. Does he think I'm too indecisive now? 

Louis stared at me for a moment. He looked like he was about to say something but decided not to. He then took the now empty plates from the table and went to put them in the kitchen. Was he ignoring me now? 

Once he came back, I made up my mind to tell him any random place.

"L-louis, um, well I -" I started.