The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.9)

A/N: Super sorry for not updating for a while! I was pretty busy (and somewhat lazy) to update for a while. Also, the author's block did not make it easy. Anyway, here is the next chapter. Hopefully I can update the next part quickly. Enjoy!

In the Chairman's office.

(continued . . .)

"Hmph, I was just joking, I'm not that bored as to interfere in your personal matters." Michael said.

"Then what are you her for?" Louis asked, annoyed.

"Family matters." Michael stated. 

"I see." He muttered, seeming lost in thought. He then turned to me.

"Ray, you're dismissed for now. You can take your break now, I'll call you again when I'm done." Louis said.

"Okay." I replied, wondering what these two were talking about that they needed privacy. However, I was now free, so I happily went to the breakroom. I didn't get a chance to go there yet, but from Ray's memories I saw it had a vending machine. It contained snacks and drinks from good brands. As expected from one of the best companies in the country. And I for one had built up quite the appetite, especially since I missed lunch since I was going over the contract with Louis. 

Walking down the hallway, I ran into two of my colleagues, the same ones who were on my team. I was just about to walk past them, but they blocked my path. 

"Hmph, do you really think you're some big shot now? Well I doubt you're capable for this position. I don't know that the chairman was thinking when he picked you."Nameless person A said.

"Huh?" I was confused. Why would I think like that? Also, weren't these people supposed to be     . . . Oh I don't know, mature adults. They were seriously acting like highschool bullies right now.

"Don't play dumb! Your position was supposed to be Angela's. Who do you think you are to take her place?!" Nameless person B yelled.

Ugh, not the FL again. My next main priority is definitely getting rid of her halo! It's making this world way too unreasonable. In the real world, (though I've never been to a company or worked there) no one acts like this in the workplace. Well gotta deal with her . . . admirers first. No way, I'll let them just insult me and gain the satisfaction of thinking that they got to me. I wasn't the type of person to ignore anyone who insulted me. I had too much self-respect to do that.

"Yeah, no. I got the position it's mine. I didn't see her name anywhere on the contract when I signed it. We all had chances to become the chairman's personal secretary, and I was the one chosen. Don't blame me, blame the fact she's not competent enough to compete with me. Also, blame the fact the chairman has better taste." I said. Did they really think I'd be a wimp and do whatever the purpose of this provocation was? Hmph, well I admit I can be a lot of things, but coward is definitely not one of them.

"Y-you! You! Y-you are -" 

Both their faces turned red. Guess they weren't expecting me to stick up for myself *shrugs*.

"Did I scare you so much that you wet your pants and forgot proper words and now you can only speak letters like a kindergartner?" I asked, in speaking in a mocking tone.

They both glared at me. If looks could kill, I'd be 6 feet under in a matter of seconds. Too bad I only found their glare as a way to cover up their lack of response as comical rather than intimidating. 

One of them was about to say something, but a voice interrupted him.

"Hmmm, what do I see? Why are you employees slacking off in the hallway? I'm sure that work hours aren't complete yet." I turned around and was surprised to see Aiden behind me. For a split second I thought he was also reprimanding me too. However, he looked in my direction and secretly winked at me, and resisted the urge to smile back. He then turned his attention to the two employees who were conveniently oblivious to our exchange.