The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.5)

'It feels weird to be back here again.'

[Host, you will be back here whenever you finish the missions in the world or if you die in a world. Let's hope you never get the latter or else you'll be punished, and this system will be demoted.]

'Don't worry, Amour. You can count on me.'

[Okay Host.]

'I have trouble believing that.'

'So where's Zack?' I asked the orb of blue light next to me. 

[He's over there.] 

I looked at where Amour drifted off to and saw a silhouette, whom I assumed was Zack, and an orb of green light next to him, which was probably system 007.

The figure turned his head towards me. I could see him lazily reclining on a sofa. Where that sofa came from? I had absolutely no idea. I supposed it wasn't important, so I just ignored it.

" I never expected you to be a world hopper like me." I said casually.

"Neither did I." a deep magnetic voice replied back.

"Sooo . . . I got to help you and your lover get your happy ending, huh?" I said, stating the obvious. I cursed at myself, but come on, what else would I say? I barely knew the guy and honestly I didn't have a good impression of him. 

"Look here, I only agreed to this because I wouldn't be able to protect Alis all the time. I don't want him to suffer anymore. He's been through enough. I don't like you but I suppose I have to trust you to protect Alistair. If anything dares happen to him, I'll make your entire exsistence is miserable." His voice got lower as he spoke the last sentence.

I could feel sweat on my palms, and I even shivered a bit, but I mostly felt angry.

"The feeling is mutual! Also, I planned on protecting him seriously anyways. I have my own motives, too."

Zack glared at me.

"Hmph! Pathetic, I bet by your own motives you're probably promised money." He said, like the idea of that was distasteful.

"So what?! It's my choice if I want to do it for money. I don't expect you to understand, anyways."

Who did this guy think he was?! I did what I wanted and I was going to help him. What was with his attitude? And I had stick with him in every world. I internally sighed. Okay Rei, just focus on the prize. You can persevere. Plus, this guy is still better than the demon boss, I worked for in my lifetime. You stuck with that guy for 6 whole months, so you can obviously deal with this guy. 

[Calm down you two. You'll have to work together. At least talk about your jobs instead of fighting. Follow system 007 and my example. We get along so well.]

[We get along well?! Since when? I'm only talking to you because of the mission. Don't get the wrong idea.]

[Shut up 007. We're supposed to set an example for our hosts who are fighting like children, not fight like them ourselves.]

[I have no plans to get along with you! I don't even want to pretend. Stop trying to act like a good system.]

[ . . . You're still angry about that huh. Well, I apologized to you already. Can't you forgive me and move on already.]

[Forgive you? Hah, no way. I hate you, but I still have to work with you. What was Goddess thinking of making us work together?]

"Even our systems don't get along." I said. "I agree with you 007, um, or whatever your name is. I don't see how this could work." It seemed Amour had an unpleasant history with 007. I wonder what happened? Eh, it's not my business, I probably shouldn't ask.