The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.7)

I finally got home.

'Whew what a long day . . .' I took off my clothes and jumped straight into the shower. I felt really sweaty and uncomfortable.

'Wait . . . which one is hot and which one is cold?'

The knobs were different from the ones I was used to, so I turned the one right and extended my arm to feel the temperature.

"HOT!" I yelped and quickly turned the one on the left, but now the water was too cold.

[ . . . You could have just asked me to adjust the water.]

'Oh . . . Why didn't you say so?! Seriously Amour, you could have saved me all the trouble and pain.'

[Host don't be so dramatic. I'll adjust it right now.]

'K . . .'

I felt the now warm water on my skin and was satisfied. Ahhh This is life.

" yawn Amour, ya know I was really surprised today. I didn't expect him to be here . . ."

I thought about our conversation again. Then I started wondering why he even bothered letting me know his identity. To make this mission more complicated? Why? Why was he here? Why was he in the same world as me? Did he die too?

[Host, you should get out of the shower now. If you fall asleep here you could catch a cold.]

'Alright.'

I stood up and slowly dried and dressed myself.

I collapsed onto the bed and almost felt asleep right away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a blank soul space, there was an outline of a beautiful, ethereal being. Next to her was a blue orb.

The orb moved up and down as he told the other of the event that occurred previously.

[So this is the incident that occurred today.]

Hearing this, the unconcerned expression on her face did not change.

"Leave it be. Everything happens for a reason. Also, I don't sense any malicious intent from this soul."

[But host seems to recognize this man.]

"Look closer." She said pointing to a screen.

[Is that a red string? I thought it wouldn't happen until we got to the main worlds.]

"Hmph, it looks like a certain someone was impatient."

[?]

"Nothing, go back to your host. There's nothing to worry about."

[Wait before I leave . . . Host really seems to be against the idea of being in love. I mean at first I thought it was childish embarrasment or denial, however . . . It was . . .]

"Different."

[Yes.]

" I suppose you haven't seen his past yet."

[No, the memories were in the restricted area.]

"And there is a good reason for that, but for the sake of this mission, I'll make an exception and allow you to witness it."

The memories played in a sequence, showing a young, frail boy lying on the floor. His eyes contained none of the childish energy that should be present. Instead they gave a dazed and hurt look. The boy looked malnourished and his skin was an unhealthy sheen of yellow.