The CEO and his "Angelic" Secretary (1.3)

The CEO's office was quite different from my expectations. I expected a big room filled with expensive items and luxury. Instead, I saw a messy desk with papers scattered all over. There was furniture, but it couldn't be used since it was stacked up with the company's sample products. I could see Aiden also looking at the room. He didn't look surprised but instead he smiled softly. It came as quickly as it disappeared. I wondered what his relationship with the ML. Even an idiot could tell they knew each other somehow.

"You both can take a seat here." Michael said, gesturing to the plush chairs in front of the desk. I eagerly sat down. The chairs were lined with soft leather and looked very comfortable.

'Ahhhh~ So comfy' I thought as I took a seat.

Aiden also sat down and bounced a little, seeming satisfied with the chair as well. The ML shuffled papers around the desk until he finally found what he was looking for. He gestured for Aiden to look at the paper.

"This is the contract. You will be my secretary for 10 years with the salary of $500,000 a month. If you are unsatisfied with these conditions, I will change them." Michael said. He looked nervous as he saw Aiden reading the contract. I was just in shock. $500,000 a month! That was a jackpot. Damn! I feel so jealous of Aiden right now. It's okay now Rei, when you're back to reality you'll be very rich too.

"You idiot! How could I agree to these terms and what were you thinking making me your secretary?!" Aiden shouted at the ML seemingly angry.

'Why are you mad?! Isn't that a good deal?' I didn't get it. Did Aiden want more money per month?' 

"Well I wanted to spend more time with you. Please be my secretary." The ML said in a pitiful tone.

'What the heck is going on? Isn't the ML supposed to be a cold and indifferent person. Why is he acting like a bullied dog right now?' I thought getting even more confused.

" Fine but give me the usual salary for being your secretary. It's unfair otherwise. It's not like you're my sugar daddy." He said as he puffed his cheeks. 

'Dude, why not just take the money. It's basically free money. Being poor isn't fun so why are complaining. If I were you I'd just accept it. No, I'd ask for even more.' I thought as I watched for the ML's reaction. 

The ML was surprised. It was actually pretty comical. I would have laughed if I weren't wearing the exact same expression on my face. Aiden laughed a little when he saw the ML's face. The ML recovered quickly and smiled a devilish grin and pinched Aiden's cheeks. 

"Look at you playing with my feelings. You've gotten naughtier huh?" The ML said when he pulled Aiden into and embrace.

"G-gah! Pervert! You shouldn't do these things at work!" Aiden protested while unsuccessfully trying to break away from the ML's grip. 

My thoughts at seeing this scene: . . .  WHAT THE HECK!!!!! Why did I have to see this scene. Get a room you two! No one wants to see you acting lovey dovey. I hate love. I hate couples. Ugh, I can feel this room getting hot already. First, Amour abandoned me. Now, I had to see this. Could my afterlife get any worse?

(A/N: 

Author: Sorry Rei, but yes it will get worse.

Rei: You sadist author! Why are you trying to make me suffer?

Author: Because it's more fun that way:)   

Rei:  . . . (what did I do to deserve this 😭)   )

I coughed to break up the moment. The ML was still holding Aiden but he turned to look at me. 

"Ah, you're still here." He said and looked at me if I my whole being was insignificant. Did he just really forget I was in the room with them?