76. - Pierre Gasly

This one is for pasfeatvic ! Thank you for your request 💖

---

You recognized him as soon as you entered his garage. He was talking with his engineer, his suit half zipped up, his torso only covered by a tight blue shirt. You hadn't seen him in years. Yet, he was still as breath-taking as the 16 years old teenager you used to know.

Of course you still followed him on the social media and watched his races so you knew what he looked like and how he grew up. But seeing him again, standing this close to him after such a long time, it was quite something. You were almost frozen on the spot, unable to go talk to him.

Someone asked you what you were doing inside the garage. Pierre turned around, distracted by the curious mechanic. His eyes stopped on you. For a moment, he wasn't making any movement. His engineer kept talking to him but he didn't react. It seemed like he was examining each part of your face to make sure it was you.

"Y/N?" Your heart beat faster, if it was even possible. He did recognize you. And his voice, it was so much deeper than the last time he talked to you. Oh, how many times you wished you heard him say your name again these past few years.

"Hi, Pierre."

Pierre didn't wait another minute to close the gap between the two of you. He stood at a touching distance, almost not daring to make the final contact with you.

"Is it really you?" He was observing you again. His eyes looked right through yours.

"Yes, it's really me Pierrot." You smiled and nodded, using the nickname you used to call him when you were younger.

Pierre finally wrapped his arms around you in a tight embrace. It felt awkwardly like home. You felt him take a deep breath, his head in the crook of your neck. You comfortingly stroke his back, although you didn't know if by doing so you wanted to comfort him or you.

"Every race, for the past 6 years, I've been hoping to see you." He whispered.

"I wanted to." You felt the tears threaten to fall from your eyes. Pierre raised his head to have a better look on you.

"You know what? Spend the evening with me tonight. We can stay in my hotel room, we won't be bothered. I want to make up for lost time, Y/N." He saw you hesitating and added: "Please."

"Alright. I'll come. I need to go back to Force India's garage now, but I'll meet you here at the end of the day?" You asked for confirmation.

"Yes. Can't wait." The huge smile on his face reminded you of the smile he had when your mother made the apple cake he loved so much.

Pierre put a tender kiss on your cheek and you finally left the Toro Rosso garage. His engineer was becoming impatient and the rest of the team curious.

"You were with him, weren't you?" Esteban, your brother, asked you when you came back to his garage. Since he had a fight with Pierre, 6 years ago, he never wanted you to come to his races. Said that your presence was jinxing him somehow. So you stopped coming. Until that day where you decided to surprise him by joining him in Azerbaijan.

"Yes, I was with Pierre. I know you guys don't get along anymore, but I never had any problem with him. He invited me to spend some time with him. I'll go, whether you like it or not."

Esteban sighed.

"Alright. I guess you're old enough to take care of yourself now, aren't you?" Esteban kissed your cheek and gave you a comforting smile before he jumped in his car for the first practice session.

You were surprised by his reaction. Pierre was usually a sensitive subject and he never wanted to talk about it. Maybe they were on their way to reconciliation?

They used to have such a great friendship! Pierre was always coming to your house or Esteban to Pierre's. With time, you grew friends with Pierre too. You were inseparable, the three of you. Until they had an argument and stopped seeing and talking to each other. Esteban never told you why. And even though you liked Pierre very much, you stuck to your brother's side and never saw Pierre ever again.

---

Pierre and you had been talking about everything and anything for the past hours. You had dinner inside his room. You talked about racing, your studies, his and your family, and you just remembered the old times.

You were both slumped on the couch and you didn't seem to be able to stop discussing things and just be together. You were more than happy to see that you had the same bond as you had as teenagers.

"Can you tell me why Esteban and you had a fight? He never told me. To be honest, we stopped talking about you since that day. It was like a taboo subject for him."

"Do you want an honest answer?" Pierre didn't seem surprised by what you told him. He tilted his head to the side.

"Of course I want an honest answer, Pierre."

"You."

"What?" You frowned. What was he talking about?

"You asked me why Esteban and I had a fight. I answered. It's because of you." He shrugged.

"What the hell did I do?" You almost wanted to laugh, because this was just stupid. You didn't have anything to do with their argument.

"What if I told you I've been in love with you since we were kids?" You stopped breathing for a moment. Surely he wasn't being serious. "I like you, Y/N. I wanted to ask you out on a date. When I told Esteban about it, he freaked out. He forbade me to talk to you. And yeah, basically that's why we stopped being friends." He shrugged. Again. As if he just talked to you about the weather.

"You're in love with me." You stated. You needed to say it out loud to realize it.

"I am." He giggled. "I had girlfriends, but honestly, when I saw you earlier, I realized I never stopped being the stupid 16 year old teenager in love with you.

"You know, 6 years ago, before Esteban and you stopped talking, I told him I had a crush. My first real crush. On you." You blushed but somehow it wasn't awkward. It felt natural, like it was supposed to be.

"Would you let me kiss you?" Pierre whispered and leaned in to you.

You glanced at his lips. You remembered being a teenager and whishing he would give you your first kiss.

You nodded and Pierre closed the gap between you. It wasn't your first kiss, but it sure felt like it. It was sweet and tender like you imagined it would be. You pulled away to gasp for air. Pierre kissed you a couple more times, not getting enough of your lips.

"One last thing to do now." He started and smiled sneakily. "Break the news to your brother."