Jealousy - Max Verstappen

This is for LittleMissUnnoticed, hope you enjoy 😘

---

"I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" Pierre exclaimed once you both sat into the Toro Rosso motorhome to eat lunch.

"Don't exaggerate, we saw each other in Rouen last weekend!" You laughed and he made a pout, not liking when you made fun of him (which happened a lot).

"I know, but ever since you're with Max you spend all the race weekends with him and not with me anymore. And you're always either in Monaco, England or the Netherlands."

"Awww, are you jealous, Pierre?" You mocked him.

"I'm just missing my best friend, that's all." He shrugged while eating some rice.

Pierre and you had been best friends for years. Your parents were friends so you often saw each other during childhood and, with time, you became best friends. You were his number one fan, always supporting him on his races since his seasons in karting. You met Max Verstappen a year ago during Pierre's first appearance in Formula 1, when he was called to replace Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso. Pierre had introduced you to some drivers, including his friend Charles Leclerc and the Red Bull drivers. You and Max Verstappen grew closer this season and you have been dating for three months.

"How about I watch qualifying in your garage this afternoon? Like old times." You asked.

"Will you wear your cheerleading clothes like old times, too?" The French driver smiled cheekily. When you were around 12 or 13, you used to cheer him like cheerleaders do in the USA. Which was cute at that time, but would be totally ridiculous now that you were 22 years old.

"You can dream, Pierre Caillou!" You laughed, using the nickname you used to call him when you were kids. He never liked it and you always loved to tease him to death.

You quickly texted Max, telling him not to wait for you because you would go to Pierre's garage to watch qualifying. You didn't get any answer but you just thought he was busy with his trainer or some journalists.

You followed Pierre to his private room inside the garage where his trainer, Pyry, was waiting for him. You watched your friend do some exercises to prepare his body, and more particularly his neck, to handle the power of the car. It was quite impressing to see the muscles of his body contracting in action. Pierre used to be a skinny boy when he started kart, and for some time you were kind of his trainer, encouraging him to do some sports and telling him which exercises to do.

Through the years, you noticed his body change, both because of puberty and sports. But it had been a while since you last saw him and you were impressed by how much his body evolved since being in Formula 1.

Pierre got a technical issue preventing him from taking part in Q2. He would start the race in P15. He was disappointed when he left the car but there was nothing much he could do. You two watched the end of qualifying together on the screens in the garage.

Max made the second time, just behind his teammate. You winced, already imagining how pissed he must be. He was doing well since the beginning of the weekend and he was quite sure to get that pole position. Besides, it was one of his last opportunity to become the youngest pole man. Even though he told the media he didn't care about that, he definitely did. Max wanted to break records and be remembered.

"Go on, we'll see each other later." Pierre nudged you to go to the Red Bull garage to comfort your boyfriend. You kissed his cheek and left in a hurry.

Once you reached Max's garage, Christian Horner nodded in the direction of the driver's private room. You entered and indeed, Max was in there. His suit was halfway down and he had a bottle of water in his hands as he was pacing in the room.

"Where were you?" He exclaimed, and what you feared was true: he was beyond pissed.

"Sorry babe, I was with Pierre. Didn't you get my text?" You came closer to him, trying to stop him from moving around.

"No I didn't, excuse me for working!"

"I came here to comfort you but if you're acting like that I'm just going to leave." You said quietly, trying not to raise your voice. Max had the right to be disappointed and angry at himself for not getting that pole, but he had no right to be angry at you.

"You're going to him again?" He asked before you could open the door.

"What do you mean?"

"Pierre. You're going to him again?"

"Yeah, maybe I want to see my best friend since my boyfriend is acting like a jerk right now." You exclaimed, not able to contain your voice anymore.

"You're always with him! Sometimes I wonder if he isn't your boyfriend instead of me."

"Wh-what? What are you talking about, Max?" You asked in disbelief. You had no idea Max could be jealous, especially not over Pierre. "I know Pierre since I was a kid, you know that, but nothing ever happened between us, alright? I love you, Max Verstappen, only you. But you can't stop me from wanting to spend some time with my best friend." You stood closer to him as he finally stopped pacing. You put a gentle hand on his cheek to make him look at you and, instantly, it felt like the anger disappeared from him.

"I know babe." He took your hand to kiss your palm. "I'm just so pissed at myself for not taking that pole, it was right in my hands! I was holding it and it just escaped me. The only thing I wanted to do was hide in your arms. And when I noticed you weren't there it made me mad because I really needed you." Max sighed, and you knew it took a lot of effort from him to tell you all of this and show his weakness.

"Well I'm here now. And I have my arms opened for you." You mimicked your words and opened your arms for him to snuggle against you. You felt all his limbs relax under your touch and he sighed, almost in relief. You could feel him holding on to you like he was drowning and you were his lifeboat. "I'll always be there for you, Max."