68. - Valtteri Bottas

My first Bottas OS! And it's for ElineVerstappen, hope you like it :)

---

"It's so nice to go out together like that, we haven't done it in so long!" You exclaimed as Valtteri and you sat around a bar table. The London club was crowded that night. Usually, you didn't like that, you'd rather have a nice evening at home with friends. But the Formula 1 season was finally over and you wanted to spend a wild night with your best friend for once.

"You're right, I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately." Valtteri answered, taking a sip of his drink made of vodka.

"Come on, you know I'm not blaming you. You're doing what you always dreamt of! Besides, it gives me the opportunity to go to some places I would have never imagined."

"I wish you could come to more GPs though."

"Me too, Val." The sad tone in his voice pained you. He knew you came every time you could. But you were working all week so it was difficult to fly to out of Europe races. You even moved from Finland to London so you could see each other when he was around the Mercedes factory. Still, he missed you more and more, and so did you.

"Why don't you have a girlfriend?" You asked bluntly after spotting a couple kissing in the other corner of the club. Valtteri blushed, he was always shy with that kind of stuff. He broke up with his last girlfriend, Emilia, more than a year ago, and he didn't have any relationship ever since.

"Don't really have time I guess." He shrugged but you could see his eyes were struggling to focus on you.

"Well, this is your moment. We're not leaving this club until you found a nice girl to bring home!" Your eyes started exploring the room to find someone who would be good enough for Valtteri. You found a brunet dancing alone in the middle of the crowd and pointed her to your best friend. "There! Go have a chat with her."

Valtteri looked at you, uncertain about what to do. Sure, he was desperate for some girl company, but it's not that girl's company that he was seeking. After he saw your hopeful eyes, he drank his cocktail and headed towards the brunet. She was pretty, he couldn't deny that, but she was everything you were not.

You smiled greatly when you saw him start a conversation with the girl. You finished your drink and asked for two more. From afar, you were staring at Valtteri's back. You could see the girl was not impressed by anything he was saying and almost face palmed yourself. When did he get so back at flirting?

He came back to your table, alone obviously. He didn't look sad though, which was great, you didn't need a heartbroken and insecure Valtteri.

"Is that what you call flirting?" You mocked, an eyebrow raising on your face.

"Don't make fun of me, Y/N."

"Finish your drink, that'll help you loosen up a bit." He huffed but drank the alcohol anyway, and you also finished your second glass of the evening. None of you were drunk, but the alcohol should start to make you act less self-conscious soon. You got up and grabbed his hand to guide him onto the dance floor. "I'll give you a few tips. Act like you're bored or something and I'll accost you."

You took a few steps backwards before coming to Valtteri with a very confident walk. His mouth almost opened at the way you walked and how your tight dress hugged your hips. You put a hand on his shoulder and leaned in to talk in his ear.

"Hello handsome."

"Hm, h-hello." You laughed at how shy he was. He definitely was intimidated by girls.

"Alright, it's not bad to act shy, many girls find it really cute."

"Do you?" His question surprised you but you believed he just needed reassurance from his childhood best friend.

"I do. Now, what do you do? I made the first step by coming to you so you need to make the next one."

"Maybe I can... touch you?" His cheeks turned redder than they already were. You nodded to indicate it was a good idea. He put his hands on your waist and pulled you against his body. You gasped at the strength of his movements. His hands were tightly wrapped around you and your torso was pressed against his. You had never been that close to him and you had to refrain yourself from lying your head on his torso. "Is this good?"

"Yes. More than good." You didn't know if you were judging his flirting skills or the way you felt around him. "Don't be so serious." You added when you saw his usual serious face. He tried to put a smile and you laughed loudly at his unsuccessful attempt.

"Just try to relax your face. Flirting is fun. Here you look like you're about to talk about dying children in Yemen." You put your hands on his face. Your vision was starting to get blurry because of the alcohol. You stroke his forehead and his cheeks and his wrinkles disappeared under your touch. He was staring at you with so much tenderness that you silently thanked his hold on your waist for being so strong otherwise you might have fallen.

"What now?" His breath echoed on your face.

"Now, I guess you just have to seal the deal." Your hands were holding on his strong biceps and you could feel his pulse racing.

"Alright. I can do that." Without giving you a chance to step back, Valtteri dived into your lips to kiss you passionately. He pushed you even closer to him, his hands around your back, holding on you for dear life. His movement surprised you. Was your childhood best friend really kissing you? But those thoughts disappeared quickly as you enjoyed the greatest kiss you ever received.

Before pulling his face away from yours, he pecked your lips a couple of times, letting the taste of vodka mixed with strawberry linger on your mouth. He was still holding you and you had your hands on his pectorals, gripping his grey shirt because of the intensity of the kiss. You could feel his heart beating like crazy and you could guess yours was in the same state. Instinctively, your fingers went to your mouth, touching your lips as if to retrace the path of his in an attempt to make sure what happened was real.

"Just like that." You said out of breath. His glowing eyes were burning you. "Your flirting skills are better than I imagined."

"Can we leave, now? I think I succeeded in finding a nice girl to bring home." His nose brushed against yours in a playful manner.

"Take me home, then."