21. - Esteban Ocon

Request from _marisatamayo ! Enjoy :)

---

You were definitely impressed by the Formula 1 paddock. When your manager told you it would be good for your image to go to the F1 Grand Prix in Austin, you shrugged. You never found an interest in fast cars. But after everything that happened to you these past few years, you could use a little distraction.

You were welcomed by the press officer of the team Force India. They heard you would be there and they thought it would be a good publicity for them to have you, the rising star of Hollywood, pictured in their garage. Your manager accepted, according to him it would be a good publicity for you too, especially in Europe where you were not that famous yet.

"We have arranged a car ride for you with one of our drivers. Are you up for it?" The press officer asked you after showing you around the motorhome.

"Yeah, definitely!" You loved adrenaline. You drank the glass of champagne that was offered to you and followed the press officer to the garage.

"Esteban will be your driver." She told you and pointed a tall guy dressed with the Force India clothes, next to a Mercedes sports car. The community manager was following you around to have images to put on the social media.

Esteban's breath got stuck in his throat once he saw you. Car rides with VIP were usually boring and he wasn't happy to have to do another one today. But there was something about you that made his heart beat faster and his cheeks blush. You gave him your hand for him to shake, but he kissed your cheek instead and introduced himself. His French accent was a symphony to your ears.

"Nice to meet you Esteban, I'm Y/N."

"Ready for the ride?"

"Born ready!" You smiled. He opened the door for you to sit on the passenger's seat and jumped behind the wheel.

"Please tell me if I'm going too fast for you, alright?" He asked you after turning the engine on. You nodded, quite excited, and he took off, starting slowly and increasing the speed when he saw you weren't scared.

The few laps passed too quickly. You wished you had more time with the French driver, whose presence seemed to appease you.

"This was great, thank you Esteban!" You exclaimed once he turned the engine off in the pit lane, none of you stepping out of the car yet.

"I would really like to spend more time with you, Y/N. Dinner tonight? Would you like that?"

"I would love to." You nodded. You gave him your number and left the garage, both of you still starstruck by the other.

You spent the entire weekend with Esteban, either by his side or in his garage, cheering him. On Sunday night, you shared your first kiss and you invited the French driver to stay a bit longer in your country, instead of going back to Europe.

---

It was months later and Esteban and you were still together. It was getting more and more difficult because of the distance. You felt alone most of the time, with you being in Hollywood working on a new movie and him being around the world with Mercedes. You started going out more often, finding comfort in alcohol. Esteban was worried but you always found a way to reassure him.

"You can't keep going on like that Y/N." You boyfriend surprised you in your apartment. He had told you he was coming to California but you had forgotten all about it. You were drank, again, barely able to walk properly with your high heels.

"I do whatever I want."

"No, not that. You're killing yourself, I don't even recognize you anymore. What the hell is happening to you?" Esteban exclaimed, standing before you. You had tears in your eyes as you thought about the reason why you were acting like that. He didn't know, but you were damaged.

"Stop trying to save me!" You shouted and broke down into tears. You needed Esteban, he was the only person keeping you afloat at the moment. But you felt so weak and you didn't want him to see you as some fragile girl he had to protect.

"Tell me. Please. I know there's something there and it's killing me." His voice was low and you could hear the emotion in his words. He took you in his arms to rock you and you cried for what felt like hours. When you ran out of tears, you found yourself on your couch, still in Esteban's arms. You were exhausted.

"Before you, I was in an abusive relationship. My ex he-he used to beat the crap out of me. Until one day he couldn't stop himself. I stayed a few days in a coma. He beat me and left me for dead in our apartment, it's my manager who found me. Physically, I recovered, but mentally I'm a total mess. Being with you, it helped me so much, Esteban. But I'm all alone most of the time. I have so much pressure with the movies and everything. And every time it makes me think about him and I'm so scared that I use alcohol to feel better. I wish I could stay in your arms forever, you know." Esteban kept stroking your hair, listening to you carefully. He didn't imagine any of this. How could someone ever hurt you? He was mad and sad and he too wanted to hold you forever.

"It's gonna be alright, baby. We're going to find you a therapist. And I'm going to stay with you as much as I can. And as soon as you finish your movie, I want you to take some time off and come to Europe with me. You need to get away from all that."

"I love you so much Esteban." You raised your head from his chest to face him and kissed him tenderly on the lips. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"I love you too. And I'll take care of you, always."