Lunch and Tests

Chapter 35

Rosé's POV

Saturday - July 10, 2021

"Alright, here is your food. Let me know if you need anything." The waitress walked away after putting Kai and Jennie's food down in front of them.

"Are you sure you don't want anything?" Jennie asked as she got ready to eat.

"I'm sure. My water is enough." I picked up my glass and took a sip before continuing, "If I really want something, I'll eat your fries." She eyed me a little before beginning to eat. Like I said I would, I ended up eating at least a quarter of her fries. After a while of just eating in silence, they pushed their empty plates and bowls aside before starting a conversation again.

"So, what time are you guys leaving tonight?" Kai asked a little too excitedly.

"Our flight is at eight."

Kai sighed, "Too soon, too soon. As much as we're gonna miss you, we hope you have fun."

"Thank you, guys. I'm gonna miss you too."

"Hey, did you finish packing?" Jennie asked changing the subject while leaning back in her chair.

"No, but I'm sure you'd be willing to help-" I stopped speaking when I all of a sudden felt sick. "Excuse me, guys." I quickly got up from the table and hurried to the bathroom in the back of the restaurant. I bent down in front of the toilet and threw up my light breakfast from this morning and the fries I had just now. This is why I didn't want to eat anything right now. I knew this would happen. I stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes just in case I felt like I was gonna throw up again. Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Rosé, you okay? You've been in there for a while." I heard Jennie's voice through the door. I stood up and opened the door before dragging her in. "Whoa, whoa, chill. You okay?" I grabbed the sides of her arms and she did the same in response.

"Jennie, I think I'm pregnant."

She froze before her eyes widened, "What? Are you serious?"

"This is why I didn't get any lunch. For the past two days, I've been throwing up and I missed my period last week."

She took a deep breath before speaking again, "Okay. You should go to the doctors or take a test just to confirm." I nodded in agreement. "Alright, let's go get Kai. Are you gonna tell him?"

"No, I want to tell everyone when I know for sure."

"Okay, well, we have to tell him something," She reminded as we left the bathroom.

"Just tell him I wasn't feeling well. I'm gonna go out back to the car."

"Okay, be careful," She warned as I began walking toward the back door. I exited the restaurant and got in my car. I picked up the water bottle I had in the middle compartment and gulped down at least half, hoping to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth. I put the water down and searched everywhere in my car for a piece of gum and luckily found one in one of the cup holders. It was probably old, but I'm desperate. Pretty soon, Kai and Jennie got in the car.

"You feeling okay, Rosie?" Kai asked once he was seated.

"Yeah. A little medicine and rest should be fine."

I started driving to Kai's house so I could drop the two-year couple off. After five minutes, I pulled up out front and got out so I could say goodbye.

"I'll see you guys later. Thank you so much for lunch and I'm sorry for ruining it." I hugged both of them before pulling away.

"You didn't ruin anything Rosie. Just feel better."