Quiet (George ) *short*

The silent air didn't disturb me, nor did it make me want to fill the empty air.  Just two bodies breathing.

I did look up at him once in a while. His brown eyes so focused on nothing; his eyebrows furrowing a bit, just to show he was thinking.  Even though I did wonder, I didn't dare ask.  I wouldn't want to break this moment. If I spoke,  the illusion of perfection would shatter and then I'd realize I have nothing to say, anyway. 

His fingers drifted back and forth along my skin.  The only noise either of us had made was when the sheets rustled as he moved his leg. My eyes burned from waking just a few moments before; he'd already been awake.  His hair was tousled,  as was mine, I imagined.

A cricket from outside chirped and greeted the rising sun.  It spoke for us.  We didn't utter a "Good Morning,", it said it for us.

He looked down at me and smiled softly, just enough to where I could see a glimpse of his teeth.  Then,  with a sigh,  he turned back to the window. The bright oranges of day shadowed his features, yet I'd never seen him so soft.

Then, a sadness. He didn't want to address it, and neither did I. I'm always very happy for him, seeing his accomplishments he had achieved in so few years of life. A young an like him could only wish of the opportunity and fame he'd  reached.

Yet, he was off to another country soon. Another planet, it seemed. So very far away from me,  and as his arm pulled me tight to him, I could  sense he was thinking of it too. It had been like this for years,  and although I missed our days of youth and freedom,  I could only support him with everything I had in me.

He'd formally said goodbye to me last night. I replayed the night  in my head, and it gave me chills. He was so full of love, firey love that left burning trails in its wake.

He didn't want to say goodbye again.  Of course he didn't, for neither did I.  He savored every last moment. 

I had asked him last night if he thought he could one day forget about me. That maybe one day, he wouldn't come back. In response, he gave me a gift. He had told me that I wasn't to open it until today.

I felt his hand brush against my cheek,  and I looked up at him.  He looked at my face, saying a thousand words with his smile. He leaned down a moment,  and his lips were on mine. Even after so many times, it never ceased to stop time. So much emotion flooded into it,  and it made me dizzy upon release.  He smiled at me one more time.

The bed felt cold when he got out.  I got out a moment after him, and I helped him tie his tie and he helped me with my dress. 

"Y/N," he spoke softly.  I hummed and looked up at him.  He held the small box from last night  out in front of him. He handed it to me,  and smiling up at him, I untied the red satin ribbon and took the lid off.

Two plane tickets sat at the bottom,  displayed perfectly for me. I looked up at him for an explanation.

"Would you want to go with me?"

I breathed through my mouth as a smile formed.

"Go with you, around the world?"

He breathed a laugh,
"Yes, around the world, Y/N. What do you say?"