EPILOGUE

9 MONTHS LATER
I’m pulled towards a hard body. The body I have gotten used to. My husband Ray. Yeah. We got married and everything has been perfect since then.
I open my eyes and give him a smile. I try drawing near him but my bump can’t allow me. He chuckles and kisses my forehead.
“Your angel won’t let me pull you closer than this.” He says with a laugh.
“She is jealous.” I say waiting for the argument we always have. He wants a boy and I want a girl. We had an option of having a scan but we want it as a surprise.
“Point of correction, he is jealous.” He says with a smirk.
“You wish.” I smile and kiss him lightly.
“You feel tired?”
“No but I can’t wait to offload. This weight is too much.” I complain turning to lie on my back.
“I wish you can be pregnant forever. It really suits you. No running after me all over the house to delete funny pictures.” He winks at me.
“You are an asshole.” I fake seriousness but end up laughing.
“As I always say, your asshole.”
“I love you Ray.”
“I love you too baby.” There is some silence between us.
It’s satisfying when we are this happy. No more threats from Axel. No more fights from Leila and I can move around freely.
Axel was locked in few months ago for drugs and threatening me. I was shocked too. I didn’t know he was involved with drugs. Funnily, Ray knew and that’s why he didn’t rush to getting him locked in for threatening me. Malcolm and his team were conducting some investigations and that’s why Ray wanted to give it time. To get something that would make him get locked away for a long time.
Leila got married to some guy and doesn’t bother us anymore. We even get along with her these days.
“What are you thinking about?” Ray interrupts my trail of thoughts.
“About how much we suffered in the past.” I move to lie on his chest.
“Yes, I know. I’m happy that everything is now okay.” He strokes my hair. “So, when are you resigning from Taylor’s company? I guess you have helped him a lot.”
I still work with Taylor. The agreement was to work with him until his company brooded and then go back to Ray’s company. Ray doesn’t want me to continue editing though. He thinks that his wife should just sit in her office and help him manage the company.
“After we get a baby. Remember I will still be editing.” I remind him.
“Are we having this conversation again baby? I don’t want you to edit anymore.”
“But I want to. It’s what I like doing.”
“And you are perfect but I won’t allow you to do this anymore.”
“Can we talk about this when that time comes? My baby is getting a headache because of this.” I smile to lighten the mood.
“Of course. Anything for my baby and wife.” He touches my tummy and the baby kicks. “See that? The little champ is ready to come out.” He grins at me and repeats it.
“You are crazy about this baby.”
“You have no idea. You two mean the world to me and I will do anything to give you a great life.”
“But we are having a great life.”
“I want it to be more than this.” He gets out of the bed and holds out his hand to me. I take it and he helps me out taking my pajamas off. “Remember it’s your parents' party. They are waiting for us.” He says leading me to the bathroom.
Mum and dad were released immediately we got back together with Ray. It was hard to talk to them at first but we now do. Julian and I forgave them. That’s why they are throwing a party at their house and that’s where we are supposed to go. Ray, Cooper and Davina forgave them and it’s funny how mum and Ray are the best of friends.
******
“Hurry up baby. We are running late.” Ray shouts from the hallway.
“Just a minute. I’m almost done.” I shout back applying some gloss.
“And that makes another thirty minutes. Women and perfection.” He shouts and I can literally feel him rolling his eyes.
“I have to be beautiful for you, you know.”
“You are beautiful that way.” His voice is now low. “Emmet and Blake have been calling. They are getting impatient.”
“Tell them to go ahead. We will use our means.” We are supposed to drive to the party together. Emmet and Blake are the newest couple in town. Blake broke up with Ryan because she caught him cheating and she sought for comfort from Emmet. They ended up falling in love with each other. Their wedding is in four months time.
“What’s taking you too long?” Ray appears at the door.
“Ray?” I moan as a sharp pain cuts through my tummy.
“baby.” He runs to where I’m. “Are you okay?”
“No. I guess the baby is coming.” I say as more intense pain cuts through my stomach.
He takes his phone and dials a number. “Take the Porsche and meet us at the front.” He barks some orders and hangs up putting the phone back into his pocket. He snakes one arm under my knees and the other below my neck and carries me running downstairs.
“Hold on there baby.” He says as I scream because of pain. Nate is already at the front waiting for us. He helps me get in and gets in after me wrapping his arms around me and massaging my tummy.
******
“You can stay outside sir.” A nurse tells Ray as they put me on a stretcher.
“no way. This is my wife we are talking about.”
“Sir…”
“Since when is this forbidden. Let me tell you something, I’m going in there with her.” He says sternly my hand still in his.
“Let him in. He is the father and you can’t deny him that.” A doctor intervenes.
“Finally someone with some sense.” Ray mutters and gets into the delivery room with me.
“It’s going to be alright baby.” He strokes my hair as I push hard. I’m in so much pain and I’m swearing inwardly that this will be the first born and the last born.
“Push harder.” A doctor commands. I hear a cry after the last push and smile weakly. Our  baby is here.
“It’s a baby girl.” A nurse smiles showing her to us.
“Seems you were right.” He kisses my forehead.
“I told you.” I give him a weak smile.
“Can I hold her?” he asks once they are done wiping her.
“Of course sir.” The nurse hands the baby to him.
“Wow. She is beautiful and adorable just like you.” He smiles.
“And her eyes, they are caramel brown like yours.”
“We name her Clara. She would be happy if she were here.” He says sadly.
“So it’s Clara Parker then?” I say making him smile.
“Yes. There is Sierra Parker and Clara Parker. The two women in my life.”
“I love you Ray Parker.”
“I love you too Sierra Parker. And you too Clara Parker.” He kisses Clara on the forehead.

*THE END*