CHAPTER 11

RAY
I plop on my chair and lean my head back on the headrest. I can’t explain how I feel. I'm a bit under pressure or somehow stressed. Why? Because of her.
Sierra Adams.
She is so infuriating and at the same time competent. Stubborn. Beautiful. A hard worker. Very sarcastic. So brilliant. So rude. Contradicting qualities. It’s quite confusing. How can one lady contain all these qualities? Both good and bad.
I like her stubbornness though. I hated her guts the first day when I ran into her car but now I like it. I remember how she got out of her car so mad and the curses she hurled at me and a smile forms on my lips. She was the first woman to face me and call me all those names. All the women I meet are scared of me. Not wanting to cross my path. Whether strangers or people that know me. I know I’m quite intimidating but Sierra? She stood up to me. She didn’t get intimidated by my threats.
Then she showed up at the interview. I was shocked to see her in the interview room. The same courageous woman was in the interview room. I was impressed by how she answered the questions and her GPA. Everyone was. They wanted her to work here but I was against it.
Why?
Because she somehow intimidates me. I like women who are scared of me but with her it’s the vice versa. I’m the one who is somehow scared of her.
I ran into her at the rink and I felt the urge to hire her because of her stubbornness. I wanted to see how far she could take it. A smile twitches on my lips when I remember how hard it is for her to call me sir. If it’s someone else I would have already fired them but with her it’s different. It’s even fun if you think about it. I like where I have her. Where I can access her anytime I want. In my company. So close to my scrutiny. Here with me.
Axel?
I was surprised to see him at the parking lot during lunch hour. We have never been best of friends. We just try to cope with each other. He has this believe that I took his girlfriend from him. Well, she was available. What was I supposed to do? Leave a free snack just like that? I was to have her for just a day but when he went around saying how I took his girlfriend from him, it pissed me off. I wanted to show him what I’m capable of. I’m with her for just that. To piss him off.
Do you think I love her? No. I have never and will never. I despise her. She is some cheap bitch who is easy to get. I can’t love someone like that. I go for family functions with her because I don’t have the time to look for some other lady.  I will look for a presentable one when I’m ready to settle down. For now, let me stick with Leila. She is always convenient when I need her. She is kind of my booty-call.
It was a coincidence seeing them at the hotel when Leila and I walked in. I liked it though. I liked seeing how her lips were moving up and down as she talked to Axel. It was satisfying for me to see that.
They walked out of the hotel three minutes to time and I knew she would be late. I was not angry though. I liked it. I wanted a reason to confront her and just hear how she speaks. That’s why when I came back I went straight to her office.
The iron lady was rude at me but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed how infuriated she was. Her sarcasm. Every word she said. What is wrong with me? I slap my head hard but her memories don’t fade away.
Then she wanted to resign. How could I even allow that? Never? I’m not letting her go until the three years are over. She will stay in my company until they are over. I want her to stay close to me.
I don’t know whether she noticed it but I was breathing fast when I stood so close to her. I wanted to lower my lips on hers so badly.
Fuck.
What is wrong with me? Why am I acting crazy? Because I really want to see her and talk to her. Even if it’s just hearing her quarrel and cuss at me.
I walk outside without sparing Amanda a glance and get into the elevator. I’m on fourth floor within few minutes and I walk into the sight of Sierra talking to Axel. What the hell is he doing here? He is not supposed to be here. Talking to my employee during working hours? Especially Sierra Adams. I fist my hands in anger and approach them.
“Mr. Axel.” I call in an angry commanding voice.
Sierra is startled to see me. She flinches a bit and I smirk trying to hide my victorious smile. Axel looks at me with hatred in his eyes and I glare back at him.
“Mr. Parker.” He nods and continues glaring at me.
“It’s working hours in my company Mr. Axel. I don’t know whether it’s still break time in yours but my employees need to work.” I say in a polite but rude way making Sierra scoff. The ladies at the enquiries desk quickly go back to their work when I look at them. This is what I want in my company. If it was someone else in Sierra’s position right now, I’m sure they would be scrambling to get back to work but she is just seated looking at me with an amused look. She is adorable in a way.
“I didn’t know you were this strict Mr. Parker.” The asshole answers.
“Well, that’s why my company is brooding. I will appreciate it if you leave.” I glare at him, gritting my teeth. “I want to see you in my office in the next five minutes Miss Adams.” It doesn’t come out as a command as I intended. I fail terribly when it comes to her.
“Usher Mr. Axel out.” I address the two ladies and walk into the elevator a shaking Sierra behind me. She doesn’t use the elevator I’m in though. She waits for another one but I don’t mind. At Least she is off the asshole's eyes.
I walk out of the elevator when it glides into a stop.
“Miss Adams is coming to see me. Buzz her in.” I request the lady at the reception and walk into the exterior office where Amanda is busy in her computer.
“Amanda.”
“Sir.” She looks up at me immediately, fear in her eyes.
There are other partitioned offices on this floor but no one has occupied them yet. It’s only the big office, which is mine that is occupied. Some people are supposed to be in that office but I have allocated all my employees to the offices that are on fifth floor to first floor. I want Sierra to occupy one of the partitioned ones on this floor. I want to monitor her well. That’s the decision I have made.
“Prepare one of those two offices. Miss Adams is supposed to occupy one of them. Am I clear?”
“Yes sir. I will do it right away.”
“One more thing.” I say before walking to the office. “She is supposed to see me so let her in immediately.”
“Okay sir.” She responds as Miss Adams is buzzed in. I watch her take courageous strides towards me.
“Miss Adams.”
“You told me to see you sir.”
“Yes. Come in.” I lock the door once we are in and walk past her.
She trips on the carpet and moves forward her hands sprawled ahead of her but I catch her before she falls and pull her to me so that her body is pressed against mine and our faces are inches away from each other.
My eyes locate her eyes and I note for the first time how beautiful they are. I move my eyes to her lips which are already trembling and I lift my hand to trace them but immediately put it back at my side clenching it until it forms into a fist.
I can feel my lips trembling with the desire to kiss her. My eyes are already glossy staring into her beautiful eyes, analyzing them.
“Sierra.” I whisper and notice that I have called her by her first name for the first time.