CHAPTER 34

It’s Monday again. Mondays are  still not my best days. As I drive to work, there are a lot of things on my mind and they all revolve around Ray. It’s all about Clara. Going to her grave with Ray almost changed my mind about telling on my parents. I still have the urge to tell him that they did it but how do I start?
That, hey Mister? You know who killed Clara? It’s my stupid parents. I’m sorry about it.
Nope. It’s never going to work this way. I still need more time to decide about what I’m going to do. And the longer I stay the more hurting it is to watch Ray cry over his sister. I try putting myself in his shoes but what do I do?
I look for the best parking spot outside the building and park my car. I slump back on my seat and sigh heavily. I need to go for a vacation soon. All this is overwhelming. As soon as I get my salary, I will be off for some days. I don’t know what reasons I will give at work but I have to do it. I just hope that it will help.
I open my door and run into a figure standing outside my car. The front door to be precise.
The figure is in a black suit and a white shirt. I lift my eyes to his and scoff in reaction. It’s Axel. What the fuck is he doing here?
“How are you Sierra?” he asks biting his lip sensually.
“I’m good as you can see.” I already have the urge to throw up.
“I want to talk to you.”
“You are already doing that.” I snap at him. I don’t know why I’m still here.
“Don’t be rude on me Sierra.” He looks at me warningly.
“Or else what? You are going to drug me again?” I raise my eyebrows at him and try to walk past him but he pulls me back so that he is hovering over me. He is not as tall as Ray though.
“You will keep on reminding me that?”
“Maybe forever. What would you have done? Rape me? Or worse, kill me?” my eyebrows are still arched. I have managed to maintain that for a long time but now is not the time to be happy of my achievement. Let me deal with this dumbass first.
“I was drunk.” He defends himself.
How stupid! What a stupid excuse!
“Oh! Help me understand this, you drugged me after you got drunk?” I cross my arms on my chest waiting for another stupid response from him.
“Not that Sierra. I didn’t mean to.”
“Wow! Help me understand how some drug got into my drink and how you didn’t mean to. Or are you going to tell me your friends did it?” my voice is raised a bit.
“It was a mistake.” The dickhead still defends himself.
“A mistake? Wow! A nice mistake. Congrats for that. What do you want as a reward for being the best dumbass?” I ask bitterly. I try a smile and only end up snorting.
“He doesn’t deserve you.” He says angrily.
“Who doesn’t deserve me?” I bite on my lip angrily. This guy is getting me worked up. Maybe this is his intention.
“Mr. Parker. He doesn’t deserve you.” He is so close and I can feel his breath fanning my face. The disgusting bit is that it doesn’t feel warm like Ray’s? His smell is not like Ray’s. Ray’s scent is out of this world. Everything in him is just out of this world. I gag and take a sharp breathe.
“And who does? You?”
“Yes Sierra. I saw you first. I talked to you first. I wanted you before he did but the asshole came in the picture.”
“Please go on.” I say sarcastically. How come I went out with this guy? I can’t believe myself too.
“He is all over you. You went to his parents’ place. You went with him to the cemetery…”
“Wait a minute, are you stalking us?” this douchebag has some guts. Urgh!
“Let’s say I have many sources of information. I know that you two hang out together most of the time.” He says bitterly.
“And what is it to you?”
“It is a lot to me. I should be in the asshole’s position. I pursued you first.” He spits with bitterness.
“Are you in some sort of a competition with Ray?”
“Call it whatever you like.” He snaps glaring at me.
“This is pointless. I have a lot of work to do. If you will excuse me.” I make to move again but he grabs my hand and steadies me back into my position.
“Let me go.” I say angrily.
“We are not yet done here.” He snaps gripping my wrist tightly. I get hurt in the process and groan in pain.
“There is nothing to talk about here. Just let me go.” I try pulling my wrist from his grip but he is too strong for me.
“Not that easily. We are going somewhere to talk.”
“I believe she told you to let her go.” I turn to look at a fuming Ray. He is standing beside us. Axel loosens his grip on me but he doesn’t let me go completely.
“I said let her go.” How does one manage to be this calm? Axel obliges and glares at Ray. He opens his arms to me and I walk into them.
“What did you want Mr. Axel?” he asks still holding me.
“I want what is mine.”
“And what might that be?”
“Sierra. Sierra is mine Parker.” He snaps.
“She would beg to differ.” He  is still calm.
“I wanted her before you did.”
“We are not in some competition Mr. Axel. I don’t want to see you near Sierra.” He says in a calm but a threatening way.”
“She is not your property.”
“Have a good day Axel. Let’s go Sierra.”
“I will make you pay for this.” He spits.
“You know where to find me.” Ray says and pulls me out of the parking lot.
We walk into the elevator and the door slide closed after us. He pins me against the wall of the elevator and crashes his lips on mine. He kisses me hard and fast before stopping and looking down at me.
“I missed you.”
“I missed you too.” I respond as the elevator glides to a stop on sixth floor.
I’m an early riser so Kate and Amanda are not yet in. I walk to my office and Ray follows me inside. He carries me and props me on the table standing between my legs. He holds my waist and gives me a light kiss.
“What did Axel want?”
“He said he wanted to talk to me but he didn’t say anything important. He just said he didn’t mean to drug me and he was drunk.”
“He was drunk? This is funny.” He says with a laugh.
“I know. He is just weird. I thought he was that good boy but it was all a mistake.”
“Promise me something Sierra.”
“It depends with the intensity of the promise.”
“Stay away from Axel please. I don’t want to see him hurting you.” He takes my hand in his and looks at my wrist. “Fuck! The asshole hurt you.”
“What?” I look at my wrist and see a red mark. It’s where he gripped me.
“He left some marks on you. I’m going to strangle that dickhead.” He mutters under his breath.
“Just let it go.”
“nope. No one touches my girl and goes Scot free.” He threatens fisting his hands. Even under the circumstances, the word makes butterflies swirl in my stomach.
His phone rings in his pocket and he takes it not letting my waist go.
“Malcolm.”
He keeps silent just nodding his head. I don’t hear what he is told on the other end.
“You have some information?”
“Okay. Come to my office.” He says and hangs up.
“Malcolm has some information on what is happening to the accounts. I will see you later.”
“Okay. Tell me what is happening once you are done.”
“I will.” He kisses me and leaves.