CHAPTER 47

SIERRA
I go back to my seat after Ray leaves. My office is filled with the scent of his cologne and body wash which are so intoxicating. I can still feel the taste of his lips on mine and my neck.
He is driving me crazy with every second that goes by. Especially the way he looks at me and the way his fingers traced my legs. I still feel the wetness in my knickers. That’s the effect he has on me.
I’m crazy about him. I love him so much and I don’t regret anything that has been happening between us. I’m never going to regret meeting Ray.
I take a manuscript from the table and try to work on it but it’s pointless. I can’t concentrate at this point. He is still on my mind. I wonder where he rushed to. The call he got must have been so important. I just hope he is safe and it’s not something bad. He is worried about me but I’m the one who can’t stop worrying about him. He might do something to Leila and Axel which might get him in trouble.
What I know is that he is not going to stop until he put them in their place. If he was capable of looking for axel in a club full of people then he is capable of anything. Of something more than that. But they deserve it. They deserve it for making me suffer.
I can’t stay in here anymore so I decide to walk out and catch up with Amanda. This is my time because I never get the time to.
There is a stoned faced man outside my office. He is in a black suit and some shades making him look dangerous. He is heavily built and he removes his shades to look at me.
“Excuse me madam, where are you going?” he asks rising up. Amanda’s eyes are on us but I don’t think she has heard his question. She is some distance from where we are.
“Excuse me? Who are you?” I raise my eyebrows at him.
“I'm Nate. I have strict instructions not to let you off my sight.” He says in a deep voice.
“From who?” my eyebrows are still raised at him.
“From Mr. Parker.”
So I now have a bodyguard. This is just perfect. Ray is overreacting. No one will hurt me. He doesn’t have to get a bodyguard. I can take care of myself.
“But he didn’t tell you to ask where I’m going. Do your work and let me do mine.” I snap at him and walk towards Amanda. I catch a glimpse of him taking his seat but his eyes don’t leave where I’m standing. He is just following Parker rules.
“Finally I get to talk to you.” She says rolling her eyes.
“Come on Amanda. It’s not like I don’t come to work every day.” I fight back a smile.
“You are unreachable and untouchable these days. Just because you and the boss have something going on.” She grins.
“Something going on?” I ask in pretense.
“ Don’t give me that crap Sierra. You know what I’m talking about.”
“We just get along.” I lie avoiding her eyes.
“Get along. Mmh! That’s great.” She rolls her eyes at me and I laugh looking at Nate. He is on a phone call.
“We are just friends.” I lie again.
“Friends who skive work together. Which other employee has a bodyguard outside her office?” she can’t stop rolling her eyes at me.
“Who said he is a bodyguard?” I narrow my eyes at her.
“Save me that crap. I know bodyguards so well.”
“Okay. You win. He is a bodyguard. It’s a long story.”
“Mr. Parker did this?”
“Yap.”
“So you two are dating?” she asks grinning. I can’t hide it from her So why should I lie?
“Yap. We are.”
“Yeey!” she squeals jumping from her seat.
“Go slow.” I roll my eyes at her.
“So you are the lucky girl?” she can’t stop grinning.
“You can say that.” I grin back at her.
“What about the devil?”
“She flew away with the wind.” I tell her with a grin.
“Wow. She can go to hell. This calls for a celebration.”
My phone rings before I can respond to that. It’s Ray. I press the phone on my ear and wait for him to speak.
“How are you baby?”
“I’m good. What about you?”
“I’m good too.” I roll my eyes at a grinning Amanda.
“I’m will be a bit late. Nate will take you home.”
“Nate?” I ask my eyes on the bodyguard.
“Yes. The guy outside your office.”
“Ooh. Okay. Let me take my bag then.”
“I love you baby.”
“I love you too.” He hangs up leaving me grinning.
“friend indeed.” Amanda comments rolling her eyes.
“Of course.” I say and walk to my office to take my purse.
“Let’s go.” I say to Nate and walk towards the entrance leaving Amanda grinning.
******
It’s late night. Ray has not yet come home. I wonder where he is. I hope he is okay. I shift on the couch and look at the TV blindly. Emily is already asleep. I’m alone in the living room waiting for him.
I groan and change the TV station to some detective program. I’m always in love with them but I can’t really concentrate.
I pull the Gilt up my body and decide to sleep a bit before he comes. If that will help push the time.
I’m barely asleep when I’m carried in some strong arms. I don’t need to be told who it is. I open my eyes to see Ray looking down at me with a smile. He is finally home.
“You are finally home.” I tell  him closing my eyes.
“Yes baby.” He kisses me as he takes the stairs to his room. It’s now our room.
He sets me on the floor once we are in his room and pins me against the wall. He places his hands on either side of my face and looks down at me.
“I love you so much Sierra.”
“I love you too Ray.” I whisper as he nuzzles my beck.
“I want you so bad.” He traces his fingers on my cleavage and moves so close to me so that there is no space between us.
“I have never wanted someone so badly.” I whisper as his lips find mine.
“Nothing can ever replace you in my life.” He stops kissing me and looks down at me.
“You are irreplaceable Ray.” I let out a moan closing my eyes.