CHAPTER 39

Ray pulls up outside our house and turns to look at me. He takes my chin between his fingers and gives me a smile.
“I would pay anything to spend time with you again.”
“But we see each other every day.”
“It’s not the same as going out together. We should be skiving work every day.” He winks at me.
“Of course we should. Then the company will go down.” I say rolling my eyes.
“You are so adorable when you roll your eyes. Do it again.” He says with a smirk.
“You wish.” I roll them again making him chuckle.
“So I’m picking you in the morning?”
“Yap.” I don’t know why I’m flushing.
“Can I walk you inside?”
“Nope. I’m okay here. I will see you tomorrow.” I give him a light kiss and open the door. I watch him drive off with a smile.
“You have finally let him go.” I turn to see the she-devil sneering at me.
“What do you want Leila?”
“Until when are you planning to be clingy on Ray?” she asks with a sneer.
“Until forever.” I narrow my eyes at her.
“You don’t know who you are messing with Sierra.”
“How do you know my name?” she must have been talking to Axel. That dickhead.
“Let’s say I know a lot of things about you. Some that I should be exposing soon.”
A shiver runs through my body. Which things? Does she know about my parents? I just hope not. I raise my head high and fake confidence.
“You know nothing about me.” I bite my lip angrily.
“I know a lot boyfriend snatcher. Trust me on this. I’m an expert in looking for information from people. I’m working on that. To expose your past secrets.”
She is just threatening me, right? My parents have changed their appearance and I don’t think it’s easy for her to recognize them. This is all a mind game.
“Why don’t you expose those secrets now? Why wait anymore? Just do it Leila. For your information, I’m not scared of you. I’m never afraid of anyone.” I snap at her.
“Mmmh! Miss courage is here!” she says sarcastically glaring at me.
“Call me whatever you want. I don’t fear anyone Leila. You are no exception.”
“Just fake courage. You will get what is coming to you in no time.”
“Is that why you are here? To threaten me?”
“Yes. I’m here to warn you to stay away from Ray. I can’t become poor because of you.”
“You are so ridiculous.” I chuckle looking at her.
“I’m not. I told you he was my source of income and you destroyed all that.”
“Why don’t you look for a proper job?” I suggest. Maybe I might help her because she is a mental case.
“I don’t work sweetheart. Rich people like Ray are my source of income.”
“You are totally insane. Maybe you need to get a life.”
“I have one. I’m trying hard to ignore those sweatpants. I know they belong to Ray.” She sneers.
“Yeah. They do.” I smile at her.
“Ray doesn’t share clothes with anyone. How come he is sharing with you? What do you have against him? What spell do you have on him?”
“Maybe it’s you he can’t share with. You know what? This is just pointless. I have a lot of work to do. If you excuse me, I will go inside.” I say starting to move.
“Remember this Sierra, you are dealing with the wrong person. Maybe you should rethink your decision of being with him. Because you don’t know what is coming to you? I’m capable of a lot of things. I’m so dangerous. Be scared for your life.”
“I’m so scared right now.” I say sarcastically exaggerating it with my hand placed on my chest.
“I'm not playing around Sierra.” She says warningly. “Know that.”
“I will keep that in mind.” I leave her there sneering and walk into the house.
“So you go to work in sweatpants these days?” Blake asks sitting on the armrest swinging her legs. Her eyes are narrowed at me. I didn’t know she was here.
“Good evening to you too sweetheart.” I say slumping on the sofa.
“Were you working today?” that’s Julian. He is busy with his laptop.
“Yeah, why not? I have been at work.” I respond avoiding his eyes.
“And you went in sweatpants? Do you have games at your work place?” I see him smirking and throw a cushion at him.
“Leave the poor girl alone.” Grandma comes to my defense.
“We just want to know whether they have a gym at work grandma.” Blake says sarcastically with a smile.
“Nope. Some coffee spilled on my dress and I had to change.” I come up with the most lame excuse ever.
“Oh! I see. So you carried a pair of sweatpants to work for emergency purposes?” she asks sarcastically.
“Yap.”
“I don’t remember seeing those sweatpants in your closet.” She presses on.
“Well, I bought them the other day.” What’s with me today? My excuses are so dumb.
“I see. I hope Ray will reach home safely.” Julian says smugly.
“why are you bringing up Ray in this?”
“He just dropped you, right? So, I’m just hoping he drives safely.” He answers with a smirk.
“Same here Juls. I hope so.”
“What’s with all these questions?”
“Nothing sis. Tell him to come say hi to his brother-in -law.”
“I will.” I say with a smile.
“Who is the lady you were talking to outside? Are you now cheating on me?” Blake asks faking hurt.
“I can never cheat on you. It’s some girl who thinks I should leave Ray alone.”
“Whoa! Cat fights? You should have called me.”
“I never knew you would be here.”
“I had to come. You rarely talk to me after getting the job. I see how your boss is keeping you busy.” She says smugly.
“Been so busy but I will make it up to you.” I give her a small smile.
“Did you tell her off?”
“Yes. And she threatened me but I’m okay.”
“In other news, mum and dad are asking whether they can move in with us.” Julian says not taking his eyes off the laptop.
“Move in with us? Is this some kind of a joke?” I widen my eyes at him.
“I’m serious. They sent me a text. They called grandma and me too.”
“Why would they want to move in with us?” this is so crazy? Are these two insane?
“ They say they are broke and can’t live on their own. Their accounts were freezed and they can’t do any transactions. They can’t work anywhere in this country. Someone will know them.”
“Then let them go back to where they were. They can’t come to stress us here.” My voice is raised.
“That’s what I told them but they insisted that I should talk to you.”
“Just because I’m not telling on them doesn’t mean we have a relationship. They are still not part of me. I’m not working for them. Let them look for some other alternative.”
“Sierra.”
“No grandma. Not telling on them is a favour enough. They should be grateful and stop behaving this way because I might be tempted to tell on them.”
“Sierra please.”
“Please don’t granny. Can we change the topic? Let’s talk about how the weather is today.”
They all look at me as if I’m crazy the same time a message pops on my screen.
Axel?