Training and Holding Back

Hello everybody, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've had a lot of stuff going on and I was editing some of the mistakes I previously put in my story and anything else unnecessary. I hope everyone is enjoying this year of 2019, because last year sucked, for one thing, Stan Lee died. RIP STAN LEE.

Training and Holding Back

Lita was starting to improve on her lightsaber blocking, she stopped being too concern about missing and was starting to feel it around her. Also Lita struggled for a while with levitating objects around her and what was being thrown at her, she got hit a few times, but she eventually was excelling with it.

When Lita and Vader moved to the Death Star, they had a little bigger training area, than on Vader's ship. After her collapse, Vader decided to wait to continue Lita's training when they got to the Death Star.

Lita and Vader were currently in the training area. Vader spent a short time trying to teach Lita some acrobatic moves, which because of his suit, he had to rely on holographic projections to help, which she was quite skillful at, mainly for the time she spent playing in the fields and trees of Naboo. Vader was now teaching and showing Lita the different lightsaber forms that he learned and Lita was trying to follow with his examples.

"Now my daughter, let's see how you do in combat," Vader said.

"You mean you and I are going to duel?" Lita asked with uncertainty, knowing that she would never stand a chance with her father.

"It is not that time, yet, my daughter," Vader replied, "You still have more training."

Lita sighed in relief, "So who am I fighting?"

A Sith training droid then appeared before them, and with a wave of Vader's hand, the droid turned into a holographic version of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Darth Vader seeing the girl's confused look explained, "One of the characteristics about Sith training droids is that they can take form of different beings, mimic their voices, and mimic their fighting styles, this one would be Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Lita looked back at the holographic form of Obi-Wan Kenobi; this was her father's former master, the one who was supposed to guide and help him, but instead he abandon him when he needed him the most, cut both of his legs and his other arm, and left to be burned alive on Mustafar. Lita couldn't help but feel a rush of anger and hatred towards him. Obi-Wan tried to kill her father, he created Darth Vader. Lita then ignited her training saber, as the holographic Obi-Wan ignited his.

Lita ran towards him and they began a fierce saber fight. They were moving around the room, Lita was mostly using aggressive dueling attacks, while holographic Obi-Wan was using defensive styles, blocking the attacks. As Lita kept trying making direct hits it looked like she was doing great, but then she stopped herself, and asked herself: Am I using too much of the darkside? Should I stop doing it too much? How will I even know when or if I'm using the darkside.

When Darth Vader saw that Lita stopped attacking he turned off the droid, and strode towards his daughter.

"Lita, why did you stop dueling?" Vader's voice boomed.

"I'm sorry, Father, I guess I got distracted," Lita said.

"You know you can't afford distractions or mistakes," Vader boomed more loudly, "Especially if someone attacks you, you need to be ready to attack them, especially if it's the Emperor. I also know you were holding back Lita, you can't hold back ever."

"I'm sorry. It's just when I was dueling, I felt strange, different, like it wasn't me," Lita tried explaining, and then lowered her head down in shame.

If it wasn't for the mask breathing, Vader would've sighed deeply. Perhaps it's still too early to teach her combat and dueling. Vader gently grabbed the girl's chin and made her look at him.

"Lita," Vader spoke softly to her, "Perhaps it was a little too early for teaching you dueling. There is still more training and strategies I have yet to teach you. I think you've had enough training for today. Tomorrow we'll go to my castle on Vjun, there are some things I want to show you. Now come, let's get you back to your quarters."

As Darth Vader was escorting Lita back to her quarters, she was thinking to herself. He's right, I am holding back. Qui-Gon said to control the darkness in me, but he also said don't let corrupt me. How will I know if it does? I want to control my darkness, but I don't know how. I have to talk to Qui-Gon again.

Another chapter done! The next chapter is going to be Lita and Vader having some father/daughter bonding time. I'm sorry if my chapters are too short, it's just this is actually my first fanfiction story. I promise I'll keeping uploading chapters, whenever I can, but until then, May the Force be With You!

Light and Darknessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें