Ben Kenobi

Lita was lying on her bed with Rori, looking at the Jedi handbook she found. Her foreign language lessons had just ended with D-3PO and he was currently powered down. She was able to finish her speeder bike, but didn't get much of a chance to test it out. It has been two days, since what happen at the cemetery, Lita had kept to herself since then. Lita heard on a knock on the door from downstairs, but didn't pay much attention, because she was wondering about Darth Vader. Why was Vader acting interested in her? She was just a girl from Naboo. She also started having strange dreams about him. Lita was also wondering about her aunt's reaction, when she saw Darth Vader.

Lita then saw a man enter her room, the sound of the door opening woke D-3PO. The man had auburn hair which was graying and brown robes and he looked nervous, but smiled slightly.

"Hello there, Lita, it has been a long time," he said to the young girl.

"Excuse me, sir," D-3PO spoke up. "But what are you doing here and how is it that you know Mistress Lita?" the white Protocol droid asked feeling suspicious about the man.

"I'll explain," the man said to the white Protocol.

He was about to offer his hand to shake it, but Rori growled at him and raised her quills, despite them being dull. Lita stroked her nexu cub's back, hoping to calm her down. The man looked at Rori and said gently, "Don't worry, my little friend. I won't hurt your mistress."

Rori relaxed a little, but growled softly. The man stuck his hand out again and Lita politely shook it, but still felt nervous around the old man.

"Don't look so nervous," the man said kindly. "My name is Ben Kenobi, I was there when you were born."

Lita then relaxed a little and Rori stopped growling. Lita then sat back on her bed and Ben sat in a chair across from her bed. Then he asked her a question her aunt, uncle, or even her tutor did before, "Darth Vader spoke to you, didn't he?"

Lita's eyes widen in surprise, but she spoke for the first time in two days, "Yes, he did,"

"I see," Ben said with a frown, "What happen child, your aunt said you ran away."

"No, of course not," Lita said, "I was done with my assignments and decided to finish my speeder bike, I went into town with Rori, my nexu cub," she said gesturing to the cub in her lap, "Because I had to get some power boosters. I also wanted to visit my mother's crypt and I felt that there was someone else there, I turned around and he was standing there."

"And what happen when he approach you," Ben ask curiously.

"Well he asked my name and when I told him that I don't talk to strangers, he got very mad and told me who he was, and when he grabbed my arm, Rori tried attacking him, but he threw her into a tree. Then I gave in and told him, because he scares me," Lita said.

"It's quite natural," Ben said understandingly, "He would've only force you if you refused. What happen next, child?"

"Uh well he asked me about my parents, I told him I only knew my father was dead. But then he asked about my mother. I was planning on lying to him, but then I was staring at my mother's grave and he saw it," Lita told him.

"Okay, continue," Ben said kindly, but Lita could see apprehension on his face.

"Well, he asked me, who told me that my father was dead, I told him it was my aunt and uncle, th--then--then," Lita started stuttering and put her face in her hands. Then the sound of marching and Vader's loud breathing is heard, Ben jumped up and looked out the window.

"What is that?" D-3PO asked anxiously.

"Oh no," Ben whispered in horror, he then ran downstairs. Lita just sat on her bed with her heart pounding and held Rori close to her, not knowing what was going on. She could hear Aunt Sola yelling and someone pounding on the door.

"Open up, in the name of the Empire," a voice booms from outside, then Ben comes back.

"We must leave quickly. Follow me," he said to the young girl.

Lita grabbed her book, threw it in her satchel, and put on her white cloak, then she picked up Rori in her arms. Ben motioned Lita to climb out the window which she did with D-3PO following her, just after she heard the door thrown open. Lita saw stormtroopers in the front of the retreat and realized using her speeder bike was out of option. Lita ran into the woods, still clutching onto Rori with D-3PO trailing behind. Ben then came running towards them a few minutes later.

"What's going on?" Lita asked feeling nervous.

"Vader is here and he wants you, and that can't happen," Ben told her. "I have a ship not far."

Lita had to jog in order to keep, she then asked, "What's going to happen to my family?".

"Hopefully they'll be ok. I hope they'll be ok," Ben said, with the sound of worry in his voice.

Lita then heard a piercing scream from the house, which had to be Aunt Sola. Lita turned around and ran back to the house. Vader was after her, not her aunt, uncle, and cousins.

Dun! Dun! Dun! So what do you guys think so far?