// Too Many Complications //

there's a time to inhale 

and a time to exhale 

and a time to just scream it all out.

~ Unknown

Lydia had screamed so loud and for so long until she was almost hoarse, as if it were a warning of some kind. The strawberry blond was brought back to reality when Bree began shaking her shoulders, trying to help her wake from the trance she was in. Coming to, Lydia blinked rapidly before a few teachers and students began filing into the classroom, Ms. Blake and Aiden among them. Bree stood by Lydia's side as she informed them of Mr. Westover's absence. 

"I don't get why no one's calling the police," Lydia said exasperated, folding her arms with a worried expression. 

Ms. Blake tried to assure her, "They're gonna make an announcement over the P.A."

Lydia argued, "That's not gonna do anything! I told you, he's gone. Like the others, taken." 

"Okay. Look, we're just trying to understand, okay? All we know is that Mr. Westover didn't show up for class."

"And the last time that happened was Mr. Harris," Lydia reminded, "Anyone heard from him lately? He's gone. And he's going to be the second murder."

"But, Lydia, you wrote that number," the teacher told her. 

"Okay, fine. I'm psychic."

"You're psychic?" Ms. Blake questioned, a confused look on her face. 

Lydia shouted back, frustrated, "I'm something!"

This earned her strange looks from everyone in the room, causing people to doubt her sanity, but Bree knew better. Ever since Peter Hale had bitten her, something was up with Lydia, and she knew that eventually the supernatural would reveal what she actually was. She just didn't know when. Taking her hand, Bree told Ms. Blake if she could take Lydia to the nurse before the teacher allowed her to do so, much to the photographer's relief. 

"A deputy and a teacher?" she heard Aiden mutter to Scott, "What's the pattern?" 

"I don't know," Scott replied honestly. 

~ * ~

Sticking around Scott at the school, night had already fallen, blanketing the town quickly in darkness. Bree stood next to the werewolf, who was currently on the phone with Stiles after discussing what Allison, Isaac, and Chris Argent had stumbled upon in an abandoned warehouse.